Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Grab handles?

Old 04-15-2010, 06:41 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Grab handles?

I remember seeing a sponsor on here making some grab handles out of about 1" tubing. They mounted up at the windshield pillar. I can't remember who makes them. Any help?
Old 04-15-2010, 07:08 PM
JK Newbie

Thanks. They don' sound like the ones I'm thinking about, but I'm definitely open for suggestion. Any pics by chance?
Old 04-15-2010, 07:13 PM
JK Newbie

I am also tring to find out to attach some grab handles to the front A pillar. My tj Rubicon has a Rock Hard front cage addition with the grab bars and I really miss them in the wife's JK. Any inventors out there.

I saw some plastic ones on a Dodge truck but it did not look like they could be made to fit.
Old 04-15-2010, 07:34 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default JK-RiGrip

Google these.
They are made by EDGS. You can hang off them. They fit in the corner where they belong not in your LV with someones advertising logo on them. The TF guys liked them when I had my Jeep in thier shop. With the straps it seems you're always turning them up to see out the side (unless you're real short)
Old 04-15-2010, 08:10 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Alaska-HWY JK
Google these.
They are made by EDGS. You can hang off them. They fit in the corner where they belong not in your LV with someones advertising logo on them. The TF guys liked them when I had my Jeep in thier shop. With the straps it seems you're always turning them up to see out the side (unless you're real short)
These aren't the exact ones I have seen, but pretty close. Do you have to make any modifications to the roll bar or will it interfer with the hardtop or soft top door surround?
Old 04-15-2010, 08:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

No mods, no interferance. Easily the best grip I've seen that wasn't part of a sport cage(No I don't work for them, But I am from Canada):beer
I take it you found them. I saw them on Ebay also and they were posted here on a thread about grips a long time ago.
Old 04-15-2010, 08:32 PM
JK Newbie

Yes, I found them. They do look sweet. I used to have the straps and I didn't like them for the same reason as you. Thanks for your help.
Old 04-16-2010, 03:37 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Alaska-HWY JK
Google these.

Those are pretty nice. I have the strap version right now but may have to look into these as they seem much nicer!
Old 03-27-2011, 06:06 PM
blw
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Anybody try the JK RIGRIP mentioned earlier in this thread? They look like the ideal solution for a front grab handle...
Old 04-21-2011, 12:56 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by blw
Anybody try the JK RIGRIP mentioned earlier in this thread? They look like the ideal solution for a front grab handle...
blw, I just bought a set of RiGripII's off eBay. Once I get them installed, I'll snap a few pictures and let you know how they work.

I need something to help my girlfriend get in and out of my JK. Ironically, after I put the factory side steps on, she has a harder time sliding in and out of the passenger's side.

Quick Reply: Grab handles?