Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Got my lift in..but

Old 07-23-2009, 09:03 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got my lift in..but

FINALLY got my RC 4" lift, spacers and disco's in tonight but have a question. When installing the lift kit, should I put in the new cam pins, or leave the stockers in place. If I leave the originals in, I don't have to cut out the hole for the new ones, but I'm not sure if I can get enough angle out of the stock ones. Any ideas or suggestions ? This is going on an 08 4dr Sahara.
Old 07-23-2009, 10:03 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Do a quick search on Cam Bolts before you install them. You'll come across a ton of negative feedback regarding those bolts, so do yourself a favor and hold off a bit until you get more info on the pro's/con's.
Old 07-24-2009, 03:05 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by nthinuf
Do a quick search on Cam Bolts before you install them. You'll come across a ton of negative feedback regarding those bolts, so do yourself a favor and hold off a bit until you get more info on the pro's/con's.
x2 ...You could also purchase a set of either front lower or upper control arms to dial in your ride and eliminate the need to use the cam bolts...
Old 07-24-2009, 04:06 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by nthinuf
This is great advice.....
Old 07-24-2009, 04:26 AM
JK Enthusiast

Take a look at this link, might help. Why only change upper control arms, or vice versa

Quick Reply: Got my lift in..but