Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Got my Hypertec speedo calibrator

Old 01-12-2008, 02:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got my Hypertec speedo calibrator

That thing is about as easy as anything to use. Just plug it in and follow instructions. My speedo is perfect now.
Old 01-12-2008, 02:49 PM
JK Newbie

Default sharing program

Hey StevieRay how about I send you over something fair (monetary wise) and you send it down to me ( I will pay for shipping). Then the next guy can send you over something fair, and I will ship to him (he pays for shipping).

Let me know, I would love to fix my speedo also.

PM me if you are interested.
Old 01-12-2008, 02:51 PM
JK Jedi Master

I am not sure it can be used like that. I think you have to set your vehicle back to factory default, before you can program another vehicle.
Old 01-12-2008, 03:02 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default That's true, it doesn't work that way

It keeps up with your VIN number and it can't be used on another vehicle unless it sets yours back to factory settings. But its only a hair over $200, then you can use it whenever you get new tires or gears.
Old 01-12-2008, 03:46 PM
JK Newbie

Default hmmmm

maybe someone out there in JeeperVille has done this....let's see what comes about.
Old 01-12-2008, 03:48 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That right, it's only good for one vehicle. I just did my JK and was going to do my son's JK. Won't work.

But it did work great for mying. Got my speedo, odom, and shift points back to factory settings. With the 37"tires installed I did notice the differance.
Old 01-12-2008, 03:59 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I believe with the acupro you can do multiple vehicles, there is a guy on another forum thats done more then one
Old 01-12-2008, 05:01 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I under stand from Accu-pro that Hypertec is making there's. AT least that is what they told me in an e-mail I got from them.

With that said, I don't now why you would be able to do multiple vehicles with the Accu-pro and not the Hypertec..............
Old 01-12-2008, 05:41 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by tkob1060
I believe with the acupro you can do multiple vehicles, there is a guy on another forum thats done more then one
I think the early ones could do multiple vehicles. I would imagine that Procomp / Hypertech heard about people shipping theirs around, making a few bucks, and decided to close the loophole...

The first thing you have to do is install the Updater software on a pc, and download the latest update. Then you install the updates on the calibrator, and change away. But like stated above, only one VIN unless the first is returned to factory settings.

Quick Reply: Got my Hypertec speedo calibrator