Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Got the 42" XMitter bar - Pics!

Old 03-10-2008, 03:34 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

JKdrone, I do like the KCs, and have for years but, ProComp and other companies offer as much technology for alot less.
*** alert - self imposed rant removal edit ***
I deleted my wordy rant/hijack - no need for it.

Last edited by mizedog; 03-10-2008 at 07:39 PM.
Old 03-10-2008, 03:37 PM
JK Freak

Show off......just kidding!

I love lights. This sounds like it's a little expensive but can't wait to seem some pictures of it in action.

I had 600W to the front on my Liberty and that felt bright, can't image what will happen to that poor deer that will stumble into the BEAM! LOL
Old 03-10-2008, 10:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

OKay - I posted once but this thing erased it. Let me try again. I was answering some of the questions on here.

Cost: I have a Surefire flashlight with one 3-watt LED that cost about $130. The XMitter bar has 8- of these bulbs, so it's a relative bargain. Of course, I didn't pay $1600.

Where I plan to mouht them? On the frame of the roof rack, in front of the basket. It will be very high to provide lots of light.

Light output: HOly crap these are amazing! they give out so much light it's hard to believe. But it is not only the amount of light that is impressive - the pureness and perfectness it gives off the light is just spectacular. There are absolutely no hotspots anywhere. Just a perfect blanket of the most pure white light I've ever seen.

I brought this to work with me tonight, hoping to test them in the ghetto. We had a guy throw some small baggies of dope in the grass in a small park. I was able to light up the entire park so we could recover the evidence. Again - these are simply spectacular.

Anyways, I use lights, so this will come in SUPER handy. again, I have to work the next four nights, so I will post photos when I have a chance.
Old 03-11-2008, 03:21 AM
JK Enthusiast

Don't we all want this!
Old 03-11-2008, 03:31 AM
JK Newbie

SWEEEEET
Old 03-11-2008, 04:06 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bikerglen
I only hope their mechanical and electrical engineering is up to snuff. That's a lot of heat to remove in a relatively small space and a lot of current to regulate over what I'm sure is a very wide operating temperature range.

-Glen
Being as they're LED's, I thought there would be very little heat. Isn't that one of the beni's to LED's. I mean, my christmas lights don't get hot, not that they're even close to the same power.
Old 03-11-2008, 10:23 AM
JK Enthusiast

Dang, man... do you work for the company? You know a whole lot about this stuff! Anyways, I would be willing to bet, judging by the body being a massive heatsink, the company really did their homework on the heat issue. But, of course, you must know this if you work for the company
Old 03-11-2008, 11:07 AM
JK Freak

With that light bar positioned directly on your hood, how is the glare?
Old 03-11-2008, 11:56 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Northernmedic
With that light bar positioned directly on your hood, how is the glare?
Oh... I ony was resting it on the hood for the photo to show scale. I'm actually putting it on the roof rack after I make the appropriate mounting solution. Give me about 3 days.
Old 03-11-2008, 12:12 PM
JK Junkie

Can't wait to see some pics of that bad boy lit up! OP, you said that you're not going to have a chance to take night pics for a few days... well, what about some daytime shots of it fired up? It looks like it'd damn near outshine the sun!

Quick Reply: Got the 42" XMitter bar - Pics!