Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

PR 44 steering stabalizer options

Old 12-23-2014, 02:45 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Maertz
that wto will be fine, or you can diy for dirt cheap. Id say mine cost me no more than 250 for everything.
So tapping into the stock box and adding a ram will be sufficient? What about cooling as I've read that the fluid heats up pretty rapidly also how does the stock pump hold up. I get light headed just thinking about dropping another couple thousand up front after the amount I just dropped on other upgrades. My biggest concern is if I'll get by with what I have or if it will be unsafe to drive. I understand there are things that could or should be done but my build is not being done all at once.
Old 12-23-2014, 06:46 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Justinn407
So tapping into the stock box and adding a ram will be sufficient? What about cooling as I've read that the fluid heats up pretty rapidly also how does the stock pump hold up. I get light headed just thinking about dropping another couple thousand up front after the amount I just dropped on other upgrades. My biggest concern is if I'll get by with what I have or if it will be unsafe to drive. I understand there are things that could or should be done but my build is not being done all at once.
I went the cheap route to start. 1.5" ram, stock box, stock pump, 12" heat sink cooler. Killed two pumps with that set up in a couple months. A guy I wheel with running stock everything plus a 1.75" ram no cooler hasn't had an issue. Don't know if it's just that the pump on the 3.6l is made cheaper than the 3.8 or just bad luck.
Old 12-23-2014, 07:33 AM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So far so good but not a ton of miles on it yet. I drilled tapped and dont have a cooler on mine. I have one laying around but not installed yet, am debating if ill use it there or on the tranny. I have a 1.5 ram. Pump seems ok, just a very very small lag on very quick turns.
Old 12-23-2014, 08:30 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So far so good but not a ton of miles on it yet. I drilled tapped and dont have a cooler on mine. I have one laying around but not installed yet, am debating if ill use it there or on the tranny. I have a 1.5 ram. Pump seems ok, just a very very small lag on very quick turns.
What stroke did you end up going with for that gimongus 60 you have upfront. Does it limit your turning radius at all?
Old 12-23-2014, 08:38 AM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by Monte417

What stroke did you end up going with for that gimongus 60 you have upfront. Does it limit your turning radius at all?
I went with a 8" stroke but if i recall im only using around 6" as the steering box reaches its limit before the ram. I did lose some steering radius but id blame it on the longer wheelbase more than anything... Also keeps my stops from being what limits me so i dont pop a bj or knuckle loose with the ram.
Old 12-23-2014, 05:12 PM
JK Freak

I have been running a PR44 for about 2 years with RK Tie rod and drag link and have yet to find anything that works. Mine drives fine without a SS as long as you keep up on maintenance.
Old 12-25-2014, 07:15 PM
JK Junkie

I've been running a diy setup for over a year and haven't had any issues. Stock pump, 14" dual pass cooler, and 1.5" ram. My only complaint is that the ATF always finds a way to leak out of the ram. From the research I've done, its pretty common.
Old 12-25-2014, 07:16 PM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by D_engel
I've been running a diy setup for over a year and haven't had any issues. Stock pump, 14" dual pass cooler, and 1.5" ram. My only complaint is that the ATF always finds a way to leak out of the ram. From the research I've done, its pretty common.
i have not had this problem.....yet lol. What ram you have?
Old 12-28-2014, 09:19 AM
JK Junkie

i have not had this problem.....yet lol. What ram you have?
PSC 1.5" 6.75 stroke. It basically squeezes out past the rod seal as a fine mist that coats half the axle. I have a feeling it happens when my 45 mph tire shimmy goes nuts because it didn't happen when I actually managed to get my MTR's balanced (which didn't last very long).

The fluid level never really drops so It doesn't bother me much at this point. I just make a point to hit it with the power washer when I wash the Heep.
Old 03-19-2015, 08:44 AM
JK Enthusiast

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1473908257.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	86.5 KB
ID:	602059

Thanx for all the recommendations... Was held up for a little while with the Ripp sc but finally got the hydro assist from WTO.....

Quick Reply: PR 44 steering stabalizer options