Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Goodyear tire upgrade over SR-A's, 255/75R-17's, '09 Unlimited S Package

Old 10-21-2011, 12:12 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Goodyear tire upgrade over SR-A's, 255/75R-17's, '09 Unlimited S Package

Have a stock '09 unlimited with S package. I want to upgrade my tires from SR-A's to a better snow tire. I'll stay with GY as I have been friends with a particular GY store for 25 years. I won't be rock climbing, mainly woodroads, etc. I can get (5) Silentarmor's for around $1000 installed. Duratracs seem to have a very strong following here. I've looked at Spidertrax spacers, lift kits, different wheels and my old head starts spinning as I'm trying to keep this as simple as possible. Would appreciate your input, thanks!
Old 10-21-2011, 12:22 PM
JK Newbie

I'm going to go with the Silentarmors when it's time for tires for whatever it's worth. I'm staying with the 255/75R17 so I'll keep the SA spare with the tire cover hiding it.
Old 10-21-2011, 12:36 PM
JK Junkie

Silentarmors are great tires. Wheel spacers are needed if you're getting wider tires such as 285/70/X and if you're going to be articulating your axles.

If you're staying stock size or close too, You don't need lift or anything extra.

I would suggest for you to get Rubicon Coils and Shocks if you're stock still. They should lift you a little bit (1-2") and make the ride much nicer.

Quick Reply: Goodyear tire upgrade over SR-A's, 255/75R-17's, '09 Unlimited S Package