Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Goodyear MT/R Feedback

Old 01-27-2011, 05:08 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JK Mikey
I considered the Km2s and stilll like them but I went with the Toyo Mt 37's instead. Man your rig is one of sickest ones I have seen on the Forum!! great Job
Thanks brother! I don't know if it's one of the sickest, EVO produces these things out of their shop lately like a photo copier making prints.....and that is in no way a bad thing. That shop is producing a product that has been tested over and over by many people on the hardest trails, and the best part is it makes one hell of a daily driver too.
Back on topic though, nothing wrong with KM2's but I went the Goodyears because the price of their 40"s was soooo much cheaper than the same size KM2. So far, I have not regretted my decision one bit.
Old 01-27-2011, 05:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Great rubber

Just want to confirm what you are hearing from everyone else...I run these exact same tires 35x12.5x17 and have nothing but good things to say. About 6k miles on them so far, quieter than I expected and they perform great on the trail.
Old 01-27-2011, 05:43 PM
JK Enthusiast

I had the MTRs w/k for about 7000 miles. I came into a set of 35" KM2s for 30% off of Discount tires price and put them on. The ride is a little better (not much), they are just as quiet and offroad performance is the same. The big difference is in the rolling resistance. My mpg went up by 10% and I feel the difference in performance on the highway. I have fewer downshifts and it goes into OD slightly sooner. I didn't expect that, but I'm ok with that. I have to admit that the MTRs look tougher.
Old 01-27-2011, 05:46 PM
JK Freak

Well i know these are the old style MTR and not the kevlar they still took a beating! So i can only imagine how tough the kevlar ones are.

Heres what happened when a vans bumper core met my rim at 35 mph. I bent the rim back and it still held air perfectly

Heres where the tire took a sharp edge of a rock and nothing happened to the structure of the tire. The rock was sharp enough to stab you.

Another time i found a roofing nail in the top of the tread and nothing happened when i pulled it out. I pulled out about 3/4 of an inch of the nail too.

Hope that sold you on the MTRs
Old 01-27-2011, 08:35 PM
JK Newbie

Love the tires off road. Onroad the c rated tires hop a little at 27psi. One is way out of round and flat spots after parking for more than a few hours. Trying to get it replaced. Not much better of a ride than some swampers but are much quiter. Are good in snow in the mountains for mt. Hope you get a good set qt seems a little lax. Good luck
Old 01-28-2011, 04:03 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Installed 35x12.5 MTR-K about 2 weeks ago and I love them. At first I hated the assymetrical looks but now they have really grown on me. And it doesn't hurt that they ride great!

Quick Reply: Goodyear MT/R Feedback