Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Goodyear Kevlar Adventure 285/70-17

Old 11-03-2013, 03:39 PM
JK Junkie
FJOTM Winner

Received 210 Likes on 189 Posts
Default Goodyear Kevlar Adventure 285/70-17

My GY 275/70-17 Silent Armor's that I really like have been discontinued. These are a great fit with stock wheels and no spacers -- requiring only steering stop spacer washers for no-rub at full articulation. They have the "Mountain Snowflake" rating for snow. The tread width measures 8.75" and the section width measures 11.1" on the 7.5" rims. The diameter is 32.2".

The new GY Adventure isn't available in that size, but 285/70-17 is pretty close and has the "Mountain Snowflake" rating. According to Tirerack.com the tread width is 8.7" and the section width would be 11.1" (11.5 minus 0.4 due to using 1" narrower rims than rated). The diameter is 32.8".

If the numbers are correct, the only difference would be 0.6" in diameter. I think it might work with my preference for no spacers and stock wheels.

Has anyone tried these GY Kevlar Adventure tires yet? Anyone tried them on stock wheels without spacers and checked for clearance with the swaybar disconnected?

Last edited by Mr.T; 11-03-2013 at 03:52 PM.

Quick Reply: Goodyear Kevlar Adventure 285/70-17