Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Goodyear Duratracs Info

Old 12-24-2010, 07:56 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Goodyear Duratracs Info

I emailed Goodyear with a few questions regarding the Duratrac tires and got this reply...thought some of you guys would be interested...

Sent by: Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company
Consumer Relations
728 1144 EastMarket Street Akron, OH 44316

Thank you for contacting our web site and for your interest in Goodyeartires. There are no plans at this time for the Duratrac in size37x12.50x17. We do manufacture the Wrangler MT/R with Kevlar in that size. The 315/70R17 is scheduled to go into production this week and should beavailable in about three to six weeks. Barbara HummelConsumer Relations

Last edited by mkjeep; 12-24-2010 at 08:08 PM. Reason: no non sponsor contact info please
Old 12-24-2010, 08:39 PM
JK Super Freak

Good info. When I planned on going to 37s, I was gonna do the Duratracs. I love the ones I have now. But it looks like I'll be going to the toyos!
Old 12-24-2010, 09:08 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by FloBraJK
Good info. When I planned on going to 37s, I was gonna do the Duratracs. I love the ones I have now. But it looks like I'll be going to the toyos!
Ya, I dont see why they would limit themselves by not making the duratrac in a 37. Maybe they dont want it to compete with the MT/R I think they just send customers to other companies (like yourself) by not offering it in a 37...
Old 12-25-2010, 02:30 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jmat1980
Ya, I dont see why they would limit themselves by not making the duratrac in a 37. Maybe they dont want it to compete with the MT/R I think they just send customers to other companies (like yourself) by not offering it in a 37...
Probably because they don't see the DuraTrac as an off-road offering. Its purpose is as a commercial traction tire. For that reason, they're probably focusing on sizes that can fit most stock vehicles.
Old 12-25-2010, 03:54 AM
JK Enthusiast

by any chance did they mention WHICH sizes come with the snowflake/mountain symbol for severe snow duty?

The 285/70R17D set of Duratrac (from TireRack) we had studded and put on Jonathans "short bus" (bright yellow four door rubicon with a VERY nice upgrade/coversion by Rubitrux in Boone, NC) did NOT come the severe snow symbols. The short bus came with 35x12.5-17D. This caused me to be unhappy:-(

On the other hand, my Sahara is making it's way up I-81 via Virginia to Vermont and is doing just fine in the light snow with a new set of Blizzaks, 245/75R17 size.

Maybe I should go up to the shop and find out WHY my Military Power Wagon, with the 9.00x16 (about 37" tall tire), wants to crank, fire, but not keep running...I supect a fuel supply issue, it is the only 4x4 I have around this week.
Old 12-25-2010, 06:14 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by hetkind
by any chance did they mention WHICH sizes come with the snowflake/mountain symbol for severe snow duty?
They all should have that as far as I can remember and according to their site. You might want to check the inner sidewall, sometimes they only put it on one side of the tire (usually the white letter side.) Keep in mind most BFG ATs have that as do a host of other tires. In reality it means little, especially compared to dedicated winter tires.

Quick Reply: Goodyear Duratracs Info