Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Goodyear Duratrac E rated tires

Old 07-11-2009, 04:52 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Goodyear Duratrac E rated tires

There have been lots of threads about the new Goodyear Duratracs and I, like many others, like these tires and want to use them on my stock Sahara wheels. From reading the posts, everyone seems to have liked the performance of these tires and there are quite a few folks running them on stock wheels, most with spacers.

Here is what I haven't found in the threads and is my question: What is the ride quality of the E-rated Duratrac and what PSI are you running?

It seems that any tire over the 265/16 is E rated (occassionally D rated) and that is a lot of tire. So for those of you running the 17 or 18 inch tires, what's your ride like? I just wanted a 33"x18", but not sure I want my teeth rattled out on a E rated.

Thanks!
Old 07-11-2009, 05:13 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JeepDawg
There have been lots of threads about the new Goodyear Duratracs and I, like many others, like these tires and want to use them on my stock Sahara wheels. From reading the posts, everyone seems to have liked the performance of these tires and there are quite a few folks running them on stock wheels, most with spacers.

Here is what I haven't found in the threads and is my question: What is the ride quality of the E-rated Duratrac and what PSI are you running?

It seems that any tire over the 265/16 is E rated (occassionally D rated) and that is a lot of tire. So for those of you running the 17 or 18 inch tires, what's your ride like? I just wanted a 33"x18", but not sure I want my teeth rattled out on a E rated.

Thanks!

I just got mine 285/70/17 I went with new wheels also and actually saved money than buying the tires only at 18" Plus did not want the extra worry about checking spacers. Just quick figures wheels and tires $330 per for 17" and KM2 MTR $385 for tire and spacer per at 18". Depends what you want but that was my options so went with a new wheel and tire combo.

The ride is as good as stock even better for me and running with a 1.75" spacer lift, dont really need it but I wanted the extra lift. Im running mine at 35psi nice!

Last edited by osros; 07-11-2009 at 05:23 AM.
Old 07-11-2009, 05:38 AM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks for the response - - - yours are D rated, correct?
Old 07-11-2009, 05:42 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JeepDawg
Thanks for the response - - - yours are D rated, correct?
That is correct sir.
Old 07-11-2009, 07:36 AM
JK Newbie

I just put on a set of 295/65/18 (33.1") E rated Duratracs on Thursday and they ride great at the current 32 psi I've got them at. Just as good as the original BFG tires that came on my Rubicon. Look great but somehow still very quiet on the road too.
Old 07-11-2009, 11:07 AM
JK Newbie

Pics please!
Old 07-12-2009, 05:09 PM
JK Newbie

Plan to get some pics of the new Duratracs on Gatlins in the next few days as soon as I get a chance to take the JK someplace more exciting then our local Walmart. Put 150 miles on today running as fast as 80 and don't think I ever heard the tires. Of course when you're used to Nitto Mud Grapplers and that sort of tire, almost anything else seems quiet.
Old 07-12-2009, 05:53 PM
JK Super Freak

I've been running 275/70 R18's for about 3 weeks now and have received a lot compliments.....i am running at about 45 PSI...but think I still need to air down some more.

Great tires!!!!!!
Old 07-15-2009, 04:44 PM
JK Newbie

Here are a couple boring driveway shots showing the new 295/65-18 Duratracs on 18X9 Gatlins with -12 offset. Got these through Discount Tire and couldn't be happier. 5 nice tires, 5 nice wheels, mounted balanced delivered for under $2000. Can't beat that. This is our family vehicle and the 37 Nittos we were running may have looked awesome but they just weren't practical. So now we've got something that still looks good, and we got back the nice ride(nice as it gets in a JK) mileage and overall driveability. And the nearly new 37 Nittos got moved to my TJ so they didn't go to waste.

Last edited by havejeepwilloffroad; 07-15-2009 at 04:55 PM.
Old 07-15-2009, 05:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default 275/70/18

I just got a set, put about 500 miles on them and I love them! When put them on the psi was about 45, it was a rough ride, so I dropped the psi to about 38 and that made a huge difference. They completely changed the look of my sahara and ride as smooth as the factory bridgestones. I do need spacers, they rub a bit, but I am so much happier with the look of my JK. Oh and I am shocked at how quiet they are for how aggressive they look! I can post better pics once I find my camera, but here are a few...

Quick Reply: Goodyear Duratrac E rated tires