Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Good deal or too much work?

Old 04-22-2012, 02:51 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Good deal or too much work?

Found an AEV hood on Craigslist .. The guy wants 6 hundred for it. It's in good shape but the catch is its red. I would want the center piece to be flat black and the rest steel blue to match my rig.

What will I be looking at in paint and labor and what should I try to talk him down to to make it worth it?
Old 04-22-2012, 03:03 PM
JK Junkie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by FrankCastle01
Found an AEV hood on Craigslist .. The guy wants 6 hundred for it. It's in good shape but the catch is its red. I would want the center piece to be flat black and the rest steel blue to match my rig.

What will I be looking at in paint and labor and what should I try to talk him down to to make it worth it?
Even if you bought a new one, you would still have to paint it. Talk hime down as low as he will go then buy it.
Old 04-22-2012, 03:38 PM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

They run around $800 new & unpainted (primer only) and close to $1200 painted. So for someone with a red Jeep this would be a killer deal. Good luck with the negotiations. That is a great looking hood!

Quick Reply: Good deal or too much work?