Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

good brand of slider?

Old 11-10-2008, 07:26 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by joejeeper
Would love to get the Purejeep sliders- definitely look strong and provide protection- but I have a weak stomach for drilling into the side of my jeep.
I had the same concern when I installed my corners, and the most important thing I can recommend is to clamp / tape the item on, and stand back a few feet to make sure they look right. Then make sure you center punch everything, and use a corded drill. Cordless will work, but I had to stop 3 times drilling the 18 holes on my Jeep. Also if you drill a 1/8" pilot hole it makes the 25/64" hole much easier to drill for the riv nuts on the sliders.
Old 11-10-2008, 12:42 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

a very sharp step drill bit is the key, I drilled my rockers out using different drill bits, PITA.

On the 4 door JK we used a step drill bit, it made a big difference
Old 01-19-2009, 09:45 AM
JK Super Freak

FabFours..............love em'
Old 01-24-2009, 08:00 PM
JK Super Freak

Is it just me but do the slider types that also mount to the sheet metal sound like a bad Idea? I would have thought that any little tweak would ripple the sheet metal a bit. The Shrockworks design that just touches the frame looks better IMO. What do you think?
Old 01-24-2009, 09:48 PM
JK Jedi Master

Originally Posted by troyboy
Is it just me but do the slider types that also mount to the sheet metal sound like a bad Idea? I would have thought that any little tweak would ripple the sheet metal a bit. The Shrockworks design that just touches the frame looks better IMO. What do you think?
nope, it protects the sheet metal and even helps support it. No worries about bending the sheet metal.
Old 01-24-2009, 11:31 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Piginajeep
nope, it protects the sheet metal and even helps support it. No worries about bending the sheet metal.
ok, so a bump upward on the end of those style of sliders won't tip them inward at all? They must be really solid. That's good to know. Now if I could only decide which one i wanted
Old 01-25-2009, 06:44 AM
JK Jedi Master

Originally Posted by troyboy
ok, so a bump upward on the end of those style of sliders won't tip them inward at all? They must be really solid. That's good to know. Now if I could only decide which one i wanted
no it wont move. I've hit the Purejeep ones with all the wieght of the Jeep, they are stout! The mount on the bottom of the tub and wrap completely around the tub. If you bend these, your going to have bigger problems.
Old 01-25-2009, 08:57 AM
JK Super Freak

I've got the RockHard, which I think are the stoutest sliders out there. They're attached to the body and frame and if I do any damage to them I have real serious problems.
Old 01-25-2009, 09:39 AM
JK Junkie

Definitely Shrockworks. Put mine to ABUSE. No deflection, no problems.

Quick Reply: good brand of slider?