Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

good brand of slider?

Old 10-15-2008, 05:18 PM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Teraflex.

Old 10-15-2008, 06:02 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

rock hard are nice, but $$$!

http://rockhard4x4parts.com/jk-sliders.html
Old 11-09-2008, 07:44 PM
JK Newbie

Default 2 dr sliders

I've been lurking around this site for a while, but this is my first post, so...Hello everyone!

This is my biggest dilemma to date. I have my rocker guard options narrowed to a few and need some help, like the OP. My offroad excursions are 90% trail so most of my rocker hazards are tree stumps and deep ruts. Rarely to I see any rocks, because there really aren't any around. Also my JK is my daily driver and it sees a lot of highway. So....I'm looking for a slider that can also serve the purpose of shielding some of the spray from the front tires onto the side of the jeep.

This brings the options down quite a bit. I've narrowed it down to the TeraFlex and Rampage Recovery rock sliders. I really like them both. Not crazy about drilling for the TF, but I can get over it. The Rampage is what is really bugging me though. I've searched this and other sites for days for a good photo of them. They dont bolt to the body and the shape really seems like it would fill all of my needs, but all I can find is the crappy stock photo at weird angles. I haven't heard of anyone running these and I'm not sure if that's a good thing or bad. Here's a link to them from Quadratec: http://www.quadratec.com/products/12117_510_07.htm

If anyone can help I would greatly appreciate it!
Old 11-09-2008, 08:19 PM
JK Freak

Anyone tried the "enhanced" sliders from MOPAR?

http://www.quadratec.com/products/12112_223_07.htm
http://www.quadratec.com/products/12112_222_07.htm
Old 11-09-2008, 09:41 PM
JK Super Freak

I've got the RockHard and they are hell for stout. Definetly will support the whole Jeep. They are pricey but you get what you pay for.

As for the Teraflex they are aluminum. That makes them light wt but I've found that things bite into aluminum and hang up. My work truck has a 1/4" aluminum sheet bolted to the inside of my tailgate to protect it.I can't slide anything on it. I'm going to get rid of it and get a piece of 14 guage instead. A genuine slider needs to be steel.
Old 11-09-2008, 09:53 PM
JK Jedi Master

Originally Posted by snowbdr88
its just the tube welded on, Basically gives more leverage to the rockers to screw up your tub..

I had the Purejeeps on my green JK, they are tough as well, Your not going to damage your tub with this set up, its also about the highest clearance rocker you can buy. It mounts flat to the bottom of the tub and flat to the sides.

I removed them off my wrecked JK and will be installing them on my new JK.

this will be the third set i've installed, One on my 2 door, a set on a 4 door, and back on my new JK.

I'm not worried at all. the key is to take your time, not rush... and buy sharp drill bits! I talked with Matto a couple times on the phone while he installed his, I would do them same for anyone if they asked.

Last edited by Piginajeep; 11-09-2008 at 09:55 PM.
Old 11-09-2008, 10:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

Would love to get the Purejeep sliders- definitely look strong and provide protection- but I have a weak stomach for drilling into the side of my jeep.
Old 11-09-2008, 11:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have the schrockworks, and highly recommend them. I did get wedged between two rocks, and my sliders held the jeep. All I did was winch myself off. I like them because I can stick my highlift jack under them and raise the vehicle. Also to consider is a slider that acts as a step, if and when you raise your jeep.
Old 11-10-2008, 06:18 AM
JK Enthusiast

Have to put my 2 cents in here. I bought the Rocky Road Supersliders and I love them. They are super stout, and attach to both the frame and the pinch seam! Reasonable price too.
Old 11-10-2008, 06:58 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by joejeeper
Would love to get the Purejeep sliders- definitely look strong and provide protection- but I have a weak stomach for drilling into the side of my jeep.
Its only the first hole that makes you think "wtf am I doing!!??"

Quick Reply: good brand of slider?