Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Going from Stock to budget lift Help question?

Old 03-25-2010, 06:42 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks!! It's just a little more bumpy due to the new shocks. After a month or so they soften up a little, but still stiffer than stock. IMO a perfect compromise for highway and medium rated trails. The bumpers are 24" off the ground, the rock rails are 20" and the diff just over 13".
Old 03-25-2010, 08:49 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MRyan
Thanks everyone,
I think for now Im going to go with the Tera Flex BB, with Shocks. I would like the Coils but they add just a bit too much for my budget. I would like to get a bumper but that has to be in the future sometime. Also maybe some can clarify for me, If I choose to run the stock wheels for now, will i have to get some 1.5" wheel spacers?? I think I have to but your confirmation would be appreciated.

Thanks
The longer shocks that come with the BB with shocks will give you a little more downward travel compared with the stock shocks with shock extensions, but on the 2-door, you will run into front drive shaft and boot clearance problems. Do a search, and you'll find a few threads on this. I went with the shock extensions, and I have no clearance issues.

As someone already mentioned, if you put an offroad bumper and winch on, you'll need the coil lift as opposed to the BB, because the stock coils won't support the weight. On the other hand, if you have the coil lift without the added weight of a bumper and winch, your ride will be stiffer, bouncier and flightier. This is from my personal experience. I started with the BB with shock extensions, then before adding my bumper and winch, I upgraded to the coils.

You'll need spacers if you run the stock wheels with either lift, or the rear tires may rub against something, I think it was the lower sway bar link bracket.

Quick Reply: Going from Stock to budget lift Help question?