Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Is this going to be needed?

Old 03-29-2012, 09:14 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is this going to be needed?

O.K., I have front and rear Coast drive shafts, that are going to be installed next summer with new gears! I am thinking of going ahead and adding the new rear TeraFlex upper control arms, coil spring wedges and coil spring retainers, then rotate the pinion inline with the stock DS. I am wanting to know if I am going to have a binding problem with the adj. JKS rear track bar binding in the axle mount and will I need to add a JKS trackbar bracket?

I have around 3.25" of lift. Those with 3"+ of lift on a 2 dr, can you post pics of your rear axle trackbar in the bracket to set if it is binding!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	p_ogs170_kit.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	81.9 KB
ID:	296968  
Old 03-29-2012, 06:01 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My lift is very close to or just over 3" on my 2DR, and I'm mulling over a bracket purchase to correct for roll center. I feel just a tad bit of rear steer and think a new bracket (that raises the TB a bit) would help, as well as, beef up the mount at the axle. Maybe others can chime in with more definitive advice.

Originally Posted by GunDude
O.K., I have front and rear Coast drive shafts, that are going to be installed next summer with new gears! I am thinking of going ahead and adding the new rear TeraFlex upper control arms, coil spring wedges and coil spring retainers, then rotate the pinion inline with the stock DS. I am wanting to know if I am going to have a binding problem with the adj. JKS rear track bar binding in the axle mount and will I need to add a JKS trackbar bracket?

I have around 3.25" of lift. Those with 3"+ of lift on a 2 dr, can you post pics of your rear axle trackbar in the bracket to set if it is binding!

Quick Reply: Is this going to be needed?