Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Going Crazy on Budget Boost choices

Old 11-30-2008, 07:16 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No question about it. Go with the Terra Flex spring lift, which ever one you want.
I did the 2.5 coil lift. So far it's great!!!!!

Which erver one you want get the kit, it has everything you need...
Old 11-30-2008, 11:33 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by planman
I agree. It is only about $200 extra for the 2.5" Teraflex kit with springs vs. the BB. It wasn't out when I bought my BB. I am not willing to pay $432 for a new set of 2.5" springs from Teraflex.

So, I'll stick with my BB with stock Rubi Unlimited springs in the front to eliminate the rake from the bumper/winch.
Same here, I only had the spacer kit available at the time, and knew it would satisfy my needs, as I was waiting for a proper coil lift to come out on the market....Now there are lots of options, but I must say, I haven't jumped into a different kit yet as this lift has been great, no comlaints what so ever....I have had my eye on the TF 3 inch Coil lift, as my friend has it and it is great...

The BB is a great lift for most people as it is all they really need.....and yes, Mr.(SilverSaharaJK) you can still do "real 4 wheeling" with it. I encourage you to come out and join in on some BC trails, and you can eat your words
Old 11-30-2008, 11:58 AM
JK Enthusiast

My BB has worked great with no problems. I took the Jeep out to Moab on a Jeep Jamboree and wheeled all over and it was awesome!

Old 12-01-2008, 10:03 AM
JK Enthusiast

I made a cool video when I did my TF 2.5" take a look at it here, also I have some cool over lay befor and after photos.

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-show-tell-33/my-teraflex-2-5-bb-install-video-60433/
Old 12-03-2008, 07:11 PM
JK Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Great thread! THANKS!
Old 12-03-2008, 09:00 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by SilverSaharaJK
skip the budget boost and go with a 3-4 inch spring lift. The budget boost stinks if you are planning to do any real 4 wheeling!

You mean like the Rubicon Trail or Golden Spike/Moab Rim in Moab????

Nothing wrong with my set-up on these trails last year and besides, this guy sounds like he's not going for anything like that. He wants simple.

Last edited by kidjeep; 12-03-2008 at 09:11 PM.
Old 12-03-2008, 09:12 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by kidjeep
You mean like the Rubicon Trail or Golden Spike/Moab Rim in Moab????

Nothing wrong with my set-up on these trails last year and besides, this guy sounds like he's not going for anything like that. He wants simple.
yep, what he said. kidjeep with his teraflex 2.5" BB and 35's followed me in my 5" of lift and 37's just about everywhere including places like niagra rim and the rubicon.
Old 12-03-2008, 09:30 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by R8R ROK
From Lao Tzu 323 bc

"Its not what you have its what you do"
Old 12-03-2008, 09:39 PM
Foo
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TripleJeep_99
I placed a 2" Rubicon Express BB with monoshocks on our JK sahara unlimited. I have been extremely pleased with this lift...no issues with rubbing with 4.5 BS wheel. I went with 33x12.5R17 tires based on only having a 3:73 rear and I drive through many mountian passes and power was an issue for me. Also, I am not considering re-gearing for sometime if ever. The kit is easy to install and the monoshocks are 100% better than the Sahara stock shocks!!! Here are a few pictures of what the 2" lift with 33's look like.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
[/QUOTE]

Now that's a Cool Shot of the 2 Jeeps!
Old 12-04-2008, 06:17 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by SilverSaharaJK
skip the budget boost and go with a 3-4 inch spring lift. The budget boost stinks if you are planning to do any real 4 wheeling!

Many people on this forum have run the BB kits and done "real wheeling" as you say. There's even a lengthy thread with tons of pics...
https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-show-tell-33/tf-2-5-hardcore-offroad-pics-20240/

Quick Reply: Going Crazy on Budget Boost choices