Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Going Crazy on Budget Boost choices

Old 11-24-2008, 08:05 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Going Crazy on Budget Boost choices

I have read the FAQ's, installs and other opinions on the various BB choices. I have a 07 Unlimited Saraha and want to do a bit of mild lift to level and perhaps go to 33" tires.....likely on the stock 18" rims for now. With 50,000 miles on the rig, I was going to get the kit WITH shocks, since they will probably be due in another 20K miles or so anyway.

I pretty much settled on Teraflex based on all I read, and then I see comments like; "you must have a different bump stop" which the Teraflex doesn't have, however some kits have the brake line extension, some don't etc.

Okay...while I have owned 4WD's my entire life, I have never lifted a rig. My Jeep will be 98% urban jungle with mostly forest service roads and if I tackle any rock crawling it will NOT be the type that risks bending sheet metal, so generally mild by most of your standards.

Will the Teraflex accomplish my goals for me, what are the pro's and con's, and what will I be lacking. Is there a better option.

At this time, most of the adds will be cosmetic except when I head to the hills to go shooting and just can't resist some light wheeling, so I am not into big mods for it.

Appreciate the site and all your help.
Old 11-24-2008, 09:40 AM
JK Enthusiast

I have an 07 unlimited sahara w/ a 2.5 TF BB and 33's on the stock rims. I like the set up a lot. It's not real tough to put on. You should be able to get it done in a day. If you're going to do any wheeling w/ it I'd recommend also getting the quick disconnects. Easy enough to do when you're doing the lift.
Old 11-24-2008, 09:48 AM
JK Junkie

I have had the 2.5 TF BB for well over 1.5 years....have wheeled the crap out of it, and have had zero issues It is simple to install and cheap I run 35's and am super happy. It would easily do the job for you. 33/12.5 inch tires would look perfect and not affect your driveability at all IMO. Go TF!!

Old 11-24-2008, 10:11 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The TeraFlex BB kits will maintain the factory rake. But the 2.5" coil kits will raise the front 3.1". Any questions, call me.
Old 11-24-2008, 10:25 AM
JK Enthusiast

I have the Teraflex 2.5" coil lift and it is complete and does level out the jeep.
Old 11-27-2008, 06:12 PM
JK Super Freak

Nice. I assume that they both ride about the same since the factory coils are kept?
Old 11-27-2008, 07:33 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Consider the Rubicon Express 2" BB??

I placed a 2" Rubicon Express BB with monoshocks on our JK sahara unlimited. I have been extremely pleased with this lift...no issues with rubbing with 4.5 BS wheel. I went with 33x12.5R17 tires based on only having a 3:73 rear and I drive through many mountian passes and power was an issue for me. Also, I am not considering re-gearing for sometime if ever. The kit is easy to install and the monoshocks are 100% better than the Sahara stock shocks!!! Here are a few pictures of what the 2" lift with 33's look like.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG][/QUOTE]
Old 11-27-2008, 11:02 PM
JK Newbie

skip the budget boost and go with a 3-4 inch spring lift. The budget boost stinks if you are planning to do any real 4 wheeling!
Old 11-28-2008, 05:35 AM
JK Jedi

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

This is simple......at least it is for ME NOW. Go with the TeraFlex 2.5" coil lift kit. I have the Full Traction 2" BB on mine now, and wish I had waited. NOt that there's anything wrong with a spacer BB.....quite the contrary. If you are very tight on budget, they get the job done. But, the TeraFlex coil kit comes one of three ways to suit your needs. It is very complete any of the three ways you choose. Coils are always the better way to lift.
Old 11-29-2008, 05:09 PM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

hey planman those are very nice pictures.

Quick Reply: Going Crazy on Budget Boost choices