Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Gobi Stealth Rack light options

Old 03-31-2010, 10:44 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lightbar light options

Hey guys,

I currently have a Gobi rack installed on my 2 door X. The space on the lightbar is incredibly limited -- only 2.5" x 6." I am looking for a quality budget lighting kit option to mount on the stealth without breaking the bank. I am currently at NYU and as one can imagine, I don't have the ability to buy super expensive lights for it, but with such dimensions I am sure my options are probably somewhat limited.

The example light kit shown on Gobi's site for the stealth are PIAA 1500XTs, but they are very pricey and I most certainly can't afford two sets for 4 lights.

Does anyone have any quality budget suggestions that'll fit the 2.5" x 6" dimensions of my stealth rack?

Thanks guys, I appreciate the input!

Last edited by spyther; 03-31-2010 at 01:05 PM.
Old 04-05-2010, 09:58 AM
JK Enthusiast

Suggestions, anyone??
Old 04-05-2010, 10:03 AM
JK Newbie

look at the harbor freight lights. they are a good budget light. as are some on northern tool.
Old 04-05-2010, 11:17 AM
JK Super Freak

You saved enough money to buy a Gobi rack...I'd continue to save enough money and get a good set of lights vice buying a cheap/quick fix.

Be patient, do it right the first time, and save your time and money in the long run.

I'm running KC 26 Series lights. They are 2"x6", but I wouldn't recommend them. The brackets sit a bit high, and you can't really adjust them to angles where they would be effective without the light hitting the bar.
Old 04-05-2010, 11:20 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Cedo Nulli
You saved enough money to buy a Gobi rack...I'd continue to save enough money and get a good set of lights vice buying a cheap/quick fix.

Be patient, do it right the first time, and save your time and money in the long run.
^x2^
I've gotten impatient and splurged on a set of 4 lights for my old Commander. They ended up being terrible, leaky, bad pattern, and not bright. They cost 1/4 of what I ended up paying for the good PIAA's I originally planned on. Cost + 1/4 cost = sad day. Although I did have some terrible wiring from the bad harness left over for scrap jobs
Old 04-05-2010, 12:02 PM
JK Super Freak

Default well now

well at least i know the Stealth rack is limited on space for lights. save all your pennines and get good lights. looks like i will be going the Ranger Rack after all. i want to be able to fit Lightforce 140's up there. if not 170's.

Quick Reply: Gobi Stealth Rack light options