Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

gobi stealth rack install question

Old 05-16-2015, 03:17 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default gobi stealth rack install question

Hey guys/gals,
I picked up a Gobi stealth rack 2 weeks ago and am itching to get it installed; one issue... I got it 2nd hand from a fellow jeeper and the wear pads were not removable/reusable..

I placed an order from EADoffroad for the install kit but it has a lead time of over 5 weeks.

And gobi owners out there have any suggestions on a temp application for the wear pads and the rubberized tap for where the light bar mounts to the windshield until my kit comes it? That's the only thing I'm missing..

And just because pics of the rack on the last owners jk attached ...

Thanks
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	173
Size:	77.9 KB
ID:	610981   Click image for larger version

Views:	165
Size:	57.1 KB
ID:	610982   Click image for larger version

Views:	173
Size:	67.6 KB
ID:	610983  

Last edited by fast_suv; 05-16-2015 at 03:22 AM.
Old 05-16-2015, 08:23 AM
JK Enthusiast

I just bought some tough stuff rocker gasket material; you could use that to cut out the wear pad pieces you need. They have a strong adhesive backing. Not sure about the other part though.

I'm jealous By the way. Gobi rack is definitely on my list for my overland JK build.
Old 05-16-2015, 03:30 PM
JK Super Freak

I just bought the fuzzy little circle things for the bottoms of furniture to use as wear pads when I transferred my Gobi from my last jeep to the new one. As long as u have the rear triangles, you'll be fine.
Old 05-18-2015, 07:29 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Saharaunlmtd
I just bought the fuzzy little circle things for the bottoms of furniture to use as wear pads when I transferred my Gobi from my last jeep to the new one. As long as u have the rear triangles, you'll be fine.
Unfortunately i dont have those metal rear triangles that stick on the jeep. We could not get them off (or i should say he could not.. i took his word)

I have a feeling that I'm gonna have to wait...

I have grinned don a few spots that had a little surface rust and re-painted them so in getting a few little things done in preparation.

I may grab some of that tough stuff rocker gasket material and at least get the windshield put on...

Or i could just put mor time into the Expo trailer like i should do lol..

Thanks, guys... .

Quick Reply: gobi stealth rack install question