Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Gobi rack wind deflector problem, gobi rack owners please chime in!

Old 01-20-2012, 06:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mos11b
I agree.I need a bracket that has more of a L shape.
OK, crappy pics, but I just got home and it's dark out. Ignore the bar lights and wiring (and my fat thumb). The first pic is from below, second from above. My brackets are attached as I previously described, and are more V shaped than L. They go down 1.5" and out (from the windshield towards the front) 2". There is a gasket at the bottom of my fairing as well. I have a 2010. Hope this helps. I would also give your vendor a call. Or try Tim at Expeditionhardware.com. He knows everything Gobi.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	fairing1.jpg
Views:	586
Size:	61.9 KB
ID:	267534   Click image for larger version

Name:	fairing2.jpg
Views:	464
Size:	36.4 KB
ID:	267535  
Old 01-20-2012, 06:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree.I need a bracket that has more of a L shape.
Hi Mos11b,

I had my Gobi Rack installed by them personally when I was on a photo shoot near Denver, Colorado. Thought while I was working in the area I'd have them install it. They were wonderful to work with. Give them a call and see what they say. I'm sure they will be helpful. By the way, you have an awesome setup!
Old 01-20-2012, 06:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ShakyJake
OK, crappy pics, but I just got home and it's dark out. Ignore the bar lights and wiring (and my fat thumb). The first pic is from below, second from above. My brackets are attached as I previously described, and are more V shaped than L. They go down 1.5" and out (from the windshield towards the front) 2". There is a gasket at the bottom of my fairing as well. I have a 2010. Hope this helps. I would also give your vendor a call. Or try Tim at Expeditionhardware.com. He knows everything Gobi.

First off thank you for the pics.
Yours is the same way as mine almost. Ok im going to try and lower the wind deflector a bit and mount the bracker at the bottom instead of the top. You dont get any wind vibrations? and btw that bottom piece that goes on the bottom of the wind deflector is it touching your jeep at all? I didnt even get one of those maybe thats another reason im getting that vibration.
Old 01-20-2012, 06:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by dallasc
Hi Mos11b,

I had my Gobi Rack installed by them personally when I was on a photo shoot near Denver, Colorado. Thought while I was working in the area I'd have them install it. They were wonderful to work with. Give them a call and see what they say. I'm sure they will be helpful. By the way, you have an awesome setup!
Thanks alot for compliments i love her so much lol. yeah i have emailed them but i havent heard back. Will call them on monday
Old 01-20-2012, 07:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

You have the newest fairing and is mounted a little different than the older styles. Your is NOT to touch the paint, but you should not have vibration at all. You have to bow it out in the middle a bit. give it a slight curve and that should solve the vibration. had the same thing on mine.

or give GOBI a call. Great to work with.

Your rig looks great btw.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Gobi Jeep JK wind deflector positioned with a curve to prevent wind vibrations.jpg
Views:	624
Size:	4.4 KB
ID:	267554  

Last edited by TAIL RATED; 01-20-2012 at 07:44 PM.
Old 01-21-2012, 09:06 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TAIL RATED
You have the newest fairing and is mounted a little different than the older styles. Your is NOT to touch the paint, but you should not have vibration at all. You have to bow it out in the middle a bit. give it a slight curve and that should solve the vibration. had the same thing on mine.

or give GOBI a call. Great to work with.

Your rig looks great btw.
Thank you for the advice. when it stops raining i'll try and give it a bow but just follow the directions that it came with. Btw i cannot read the print on that picture can you tell me what it says.
Old 01-21-2012, 10:26 AM
JK Enthusiast

Thank you for the advice. when it stops raining i'll try and give it a bow but just follow the directions that it came with. Btw i cannot read the print on that picture can you tell me what it says.
sorry about that. I thought it would show up larger.

add curve to the wind deflector to prevent wind vibrations.
position the center bracket forward and the two outter brackets backward.
Old 01-24-2012, 08:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TAIL RATED

sorry about that. I thought it would show up larger.

add curve to the wind deflector to prevent wind vibrations.
position the center bracket forward and the two outter brackets backward.
I installed it a little bit higher and I gave it a bow and its fixed now!! Thank god lol, I also got new screws and lock washers I threw out those weak nylon washers. I'll post pics tommorrow!

Thank you all for the help!
Old 01-24-2012, 09:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

Do you guys know what are those 2 things attached to the left side of this roof rack? I can't figure it out.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1872677488.jpg
Views:	1041
Size:	81.0 KB
ID:	269509
Old 01-24-2012, 09:44 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do you guys know what are those 2 things attached to the left side of this roof rack? I can't figure it out.

Attachment 269509
Those are rolled up tie down ratchet straps not being used at the moment,

Quick Reply: Gobi rack wind deflector problem, gobi rack owners please chime in!