Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Gobi Rack issue?

Old 08-06-2013, 10:34 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Gobi Rack issue?

I installed a Gobi Stealth on my JK this weekend and noticed an issue. I have noticed that the drivers side windshield portion of the rack does not sit against the top of the windshield. The passenger side is snug. This was before and after connecting it to the rest of the rack.

Also, the lower portion of the windshield mount on the driver's side does not sit flat against the front portion of the windshield frame.

I am concerned the 2 issues will allow the rack to move around once it has weight on it. Anyone else run into this? Am I just being paranoid?

TIA
Old 08-06-2013, 10:52 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Try loosening everything up and the tighten it all back up a little at a time / switching locations like a torq pattern
Old 08-06-2013, 10:58 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JKbender
Try loosening everything up and the tighten it all back up a little at a time / switching locations like a torq pattern
The odd thing is it was noticeable before I tightened everything down, but that is a good suggestion.
Old 08-06-2013, 02:03 PM
JK Newbie

Mine has the gap at the top of the windshield. I've been too lazy to loosen everything up to try again. So far no problems. Super sturdy.
Old 08-06-2013, 02:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by DougM
Mine has the gap at the top of the windshield. I've been too lazy to loosen everything up to try again. So far no problems. Super sturdy.
At least I am not alone! Thanks for the info. I'll let you know if I figure anything out.
Old 08-06-2013, 04:55 PM
JK Enthusiast

Mine is the same way. Tried to loosen and shift it with no luck. I have taken a couple of trips now with prob 200+ pounds with no problems.
Old 08-06-2013, 08:33 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Call Gobi that is an issue. I have had mine off partially and fully off several times over the years and it always is snug up front.

BTW since I take my rack off a lot the padding under the front part is worn. To have it not destroy my paint I plastidip paint the corner brackets of the jeep.

Last edited by remark; 08-06-2013 at 08:38 PM.
Old 12-01-2013, 06:31 PM
JK Newbie

Default same windshield gap

I just installed my Gobi rack and both window bump stops don't rest on the windshield? I've loosen every bolt and tighten in a rotating pattern, but no luck. It's sturdy and strong, I've had 250+ pounds on a trip with no issues. I hope its not a huge issue...
Old 12-14-2013, 04:11 PM
JK Newbie

just took apart the backside rack bolts of my rack and pushed them forward. This made the rack com back more. Common sense I know...but I

Quick Reply: Gobi Rack issue?