Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Gobi & OR Fab Carrier

Old 06-03-2011, 05:54 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think you will be ok on the driver side, but you may want to look at the passenger side. These are the only pics I have of the carrier from there.
Old 06-03-2011, 07:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

PSSD ladder will not work. DRSD you're OK.
//unless yoy decide to modify the GOBI ladder.
You'd have to notch it out.
Old 06-03-2011, 08:21 PM
JK Super Freak

Ran that setup without any issues. You cannot run a passenger side rear ladder with the or-fab but no issue with driver side ladder. The or-fab makes a great platform to tilt the rack back on when lowering the soft top also.

Only issue I've encountered is the rugged ridge tail light guards and gobi. I almost ripped one off, the ladder caught on the taillight guard.

The teraflex third brake light mount is also great with both gobi and or-fab.
Old 06-04-2011, 03:47 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by njbeachrat
That would be great if you got some close ups of yours, Thanks. I am waiting for their RotoPax version...hopefully I can keep the passenger side ladder (I have OCD and need it to be equal)

Sorry it took so long, just got my JK back last night from it getting a bunch of other stuff done.
Here are some close ups of the hinge area. Hope they help
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN4278.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	62.4 KB
ID:	167680   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN4277.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	57.8 KB
ID:	167681   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN4276.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	74.5 KB
ID:	167682  
Old 06-04-2011, 05:21 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Any you guys know where it would hit? Possible to notch and repaint the passengerside ladder? Thanks bonedoc
Old 06-04-2011, 05:25 AM
JK Super Freak

No problem. I'd imagine that if you have the ability to do some slight modding you could make it work. Looking at pics I've seen of how/where the passenger ladder ends, to me it looks very close to the top of the tire carrier hinge bracket. That being said. I'd imagine that since the tire carrier hinge bracket is adjustable, so you can line it up and such that you may be able to shift it down a little bit and have to do minimal notching to the bottom of the gobi ladder. Either way, I'm sure if you take your time on it you can make it work.
Old 06-04-2011, 05:52 AM
JK Enthusiast

Gobi's driver side ladder will install w/ OR Fab. It is highly likely you would have to mod the passenger side ladder (if it is even possible) with either a higher mount or cut out notch.

Quick Reply: Gobi & OR Fab Carrier