Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
View Poll Results: Glass pack = P.O.S????
yes
47.83%
no
52.17%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Glass pack (cherry bomb) = p.o.s???

Old 02-27-2011 | 10:19 PM
JK Super Freak

Default Glass pack (cherry bomb) = p.o.s???

some people love them and others hate them,frankly im confused. do they give a nice deep sound? 20 bucks seems really cheap - almost to cheap.

but how much better can a flow master be .... $380 better???? i dunno ??
Old 02-27-2011 | 10:27 PM
JK Freak

I would rather install a magnaflow stainless than a glass pack. ~$120 isn't bad for a center/center that you can install after the 2-1 and get rid of the stock muffler in back. I'm not going to say glass packs in general are Pieces, they have their purpose, just wouldn't want one on my Jeep.
Old 02-27-2011 | 10:38 PM
JK Super Freak

what magna flow muffler is 120 ?
Old 02-28-2011 | 04:43 AM
JK Freak

i wouldn't say they are garbage. I was interested in the cherry bomb vortex muffler. I have seen one kit that uses it and it like $400 bucks. I kinda want to change my muffler soon. It looks pretty bad. Weld the glasspack on and see what it does. You want be out much money if it sounds like garbage.

Magnaflow muffler link..
https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...gnaflow-exaust

Last edited by Jusaplaya; 02-28-2011 at 04:46 AM.
Old 02-28-2011 | 04:47 AM
JK Enthusiast

My flow master only cost 79.99 at Advance Auto Parts.
Old 02-28-2011 | 05:07 AM
JK Enthusiast

Straight through "glasspack" vs chambered design are two different mufflers altogether. Chambered design sounds silly on a V6 to me. Those belong on a V8 muscle car with a hot cam like my Mustang.
Old 02-28-2011 | 07:22 AM
JK Enthusiast

I had a Flowmaster 40 series installed in the stock location. I took it off becuase it sounded almost stock to me and put a Dynomax glasspack under the driver seat. It sounds a lot better to me. Not overly loud but not stock. I also didn't have to move my evap can which was nice and I opened up the rear to enlarge my storage tub.

Old 02-28-2011 | 07:39 PM
JK Newbie

I have always loved the cherry bomb sound, once they are tempered. Its inexpensive, and lasts a good while. But it all depends on your taste. Whatever floats your boat.
Old 03-01-2011 | 02:15 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by jtjk
what magna flow muffler is 120 ?
Part#11216 oval center/center 2.5" The round designs are less and I'm sure you can find a price cheaper than the Magnaflow MSRP. Just a rough estimate. Stainless usually isn't cheap.
Old 03-01-2011 | 05:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have the Cherry Bomb 2.5" had it for well over a year now.

pro's sounds wicked super cool when wheelin and you have the pedal down just givener'. sounds wicked good when just idling down any hills, burbles and pops and farts and just sound cool.

greater mid range throttle performance, I think better highway cruising power. feels alot snappier in the pants once RPM is up a bit.

Turns heads when crusin in traffic, makes your jeep sound like a jeep and not a lawn mower.

Con's it's loud, it;'s always there, it never goes away, but is suprisingly good at 120 KM /hr on the highway.

your neighbours may not like you anymore. don't poop in your own backyard, keep easy in the throttle and use second gear.

milleage went down. move more air you burn more fuel.

it's bottom end power is less, it needs a few revs to wake up. perhaps not a great choice where crawling and very low throttle input is required, however seems just find in 4 lo. 4 hi not so much when just a hint of throttle is needed. it sort of bogs out.

I just rev up a bit, let the clutch out slower.

did I mention is sounds just wicked wheelin ? Braaaaap Braaaap

I wouldn't even consider a expensive muffler again. I had the Gibson Stainless TWIN tip. okay but this is better performance wise and really not that much louder.\

next I am going to try a Purple Horny.

Quick Reply: Glass pack (cherry bomb) = p.o.s???