Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Give me a break!

Old 07-20-2010, 12:49 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Smerny
We had the 33mm socket and a pitman arm puller it would not come loose! 200lb man and all his might couldn't that baby out. also we had air compressed tools and they couldn't it out either.

thanks for the input
I had to use a big air compressor and an impact gun. I'd go on and replace tie rod end when you do it. The boot is gonna bust when you use the pickel fork. Find you a friend with an industrial air compressor. I'd help you if you lived down this way...
Old 07-20-2010, 12:57 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Oh, and not to throw another wrench into the works, but you say you are on a tight budget, so...

Do some looking around for threads on having 3+ inches of lift on an Auto - and the effects it has on the front drive shaft. Definitely something to keep in mind...
Old 08-04-2010, 03:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Update

Alright so i am probably going to leave something out because a lot has gone on but to make a long story short(er) i cant get the Kumhos. Ordered some spacers and then that fell through so ended up paying extra money and getting some rims! got some cragar soft 8's coming in on friday and hopefully going to install some 35" duratracs on em!

Last edited by Smerny; 08-04-2010 at 03:23 PM.
Old 08-04-2010, 05:07 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Lots of good feedback on the Duratrac so far, be sure to give us your report! (would have been my next tire - if the coin toss had landed on AT's instead of MT's... )

Quick Reply: Give me a break!