Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Gibson split outlet exhaust on 2012 3.6

Old 05-12-2012, 08:26 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gibson split outlet exhaust on 2012 3.6

please help me out if you have any knowledge or experience on this. has anybody put the gibson dual exhaust on their 2012?? i really like the look of it and from clips i heard of pre-2012 jk's, it sounds good imo. i was going to have a super 44 or 80 put together but I'm worried that it won't turn out looking the way i want no matter how particular i am to the installer. i need to know asap because i want to order it monday morning so i can have it tuesday on my day off. please post sound clips and/or pics of it on a 2012 if you don't mind. i really appreciate any input i can get.
Old 05-13-2012, 07:35 PM
JK Super Freak

really? nobody has put this on their 2012's?? ur really gonna make me the test dummy?
Old 05-13-2012, 07:36 PM
JK Newbie

Yup, please try it out, I would like to know too, lol...
Old 05-14-2012, 08:00 AM
JK Super Freak

Gee, thx lol. I'll wait for some replies until Wednesday, when qtec will be getting my returned items to put toward either this or the bestop bumper/carrier. I know somebody has put the Gibson on the 3.6. Just waiting for them to come out from under he rock.
Old 05-14-2012, 09:18 AM
JK Newbie

I'm gonna do it soon myself, my biggest thing is the sound... Is it gonna be too loud and how clean is it gonna sound!!! Really enjoying the quiet sound but really would like to do a few performance mods like intake and exhaust!! Already have the AEV mod... If anyone else has any other suggestions I would be up for them also!!!
Old 05-16-2012, 10:54 AM
JK Super Freak

I might pull the trigger today. Any other input would be greatly appreciated!
Old 05-16-2012, 11:03 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default I have it

Just had it installed. It looks great. Sounds pretty good. Sounds best under hard acceleration , under light acceleration ,it sounds a bit ricey. Overall , I'm pretty happy. Sorry , don't know how to post sounds and I am real busy moving now. Hope it helps
Old 05-16-2012, 12:05 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by porschebreath
Just had it installed. It looks great. Sounds pretty good. Sounds best under hard acceleration , under light acceleration ,it sounds a bit ricey. Overall , I'm pretty happy. Sorry , don't know how to post sounds and I am real busy moving now. Hope it helps
Thanks. I'm going to order through qtec so I have 30 days to return it if it isn't what I expected. I heard you can kill the ricey sound of you replace the resonater with a test pipe.
Old 05-16-2012, 12:18 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by notsoricer

Thanks. I'm going to order through qtec so I have 30 days to return it if it isn't what I expected. I heard you can kill the ricey sound of you replace the resonater with a test pipe.
This is true
Old 05-16-2012, 06:06 PM
JK Newbie

I put a Gibson split rear dual on a 2010 JKU auto. Nice deep throaty sound at idle, but an unbearable drown at mid range. The drone is so bad, Gibson mfr'd a special resonator to calm it some. Didn't bother with resonator. Bought a new 2012 JKU instead. That solved the power issue.

Quick Reply: Gibson split outlet exhaust on 2012 3.6