Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Gibson Performance Split Rear Exhaust Question

Old 12-23-2007, 11:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

so the gibsons aren't good? speaking of my dealer's warranty, according to my uncle (a jeep enthusiast), that the warranty we got here is a load of bull, just mod ahead
Old 12-24-2007, 03:35 AM
JK Enthusiast

I'm going to go with the CoolTech as well. I just wish they made it 100% in stainless steel.
Old 12-24-2007, 05:29 AM
JK Enthusiast

I'd probably be more angry if I had paid to have it put on. Given the fact it took all of 30 minutes to install and 10 minutes to take it off I'm not too upset.
Old 12-27-2007, 05:52 AM
JK Enthusiast

I have a 2000 Silverado Z71. My Gibson exhaust fell off last week! I purchased the aluminized 3" cat back system four years ago. The tail pipe rusted off, the muffler has a half inch by ten inch rust hole in it and the bracket between the muffler and cat rusted off!! I will never purchase a Gibson exhaust again. Gibson's warranty only covers the muffler welds! When I called them, they basically said tough S**t!! I paid $385 for rust!
Old 12-27-2007, 06:51 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by BIG JOHN
I have a 2000 Silverado Z71. My Gibson exhaust fell off last week! I purchased the aluminized 3" cat back system four years ago. The tail pipe rusted off, the muffler has a half inch by ten inch rust hole in it and the bracket between the muffler and cat rusted off!! I will never purchase a Gibson exhaust again. Gibson's warranty only covers the muffler welds! When I called them, they basically said tough S**t!! I paid $385 for rust!
If you refer back to my post #9 in this thread this is exactly what I was referring to...... but I wanted someone with REAL experience give you all the details..... I am sorry if Gibson Exhaust is a sponsoring vendor .......but their product is shit and so is their warranty !!!
Old 12-27-2007, 07:10 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Here's a thread that discusses at length the CoolTech exhaust system, including the stainless steel tailpipe free upgrade:

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/sponsoring-manufacturers-vendors-check-out-cyber-monday-specials-24/cool-tech-jk-exhaust-kit-5296/
Old 12-27-2007, 08:24 AM
JK Newbie

Default don't do it.

I had the Gibson Dual for ~5 months and, besides the noise (which was an issue), driveability went way down. Major loss of torque.

One of the best mods I have done to date is taking that thing off. More power gain than the chip or airraid.

I would give you mine for free if I thought you would like it. Wait - i threw it out.

It did look good....

Quick Reply: Gibson Performance Split Rear Exhaust Question