Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Gibson Performance Split Rear Exhaust Question

Old 12-15-2007, 10:50 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gibson Performance Split Rear Exhaust Question

now the dealer we got here has an almost nothing warranty, but I still don't want to risk anything yet. but while I was going through quadratec the other day I found this beauty:

and read that it doesn't fondle with the factory warranty, so that made me curious and had to ask the dealer about it, they told me as long as it doesn't require any wielding it's good to go, so I'm wondering if this exhaust system requires any wielding of any sort, and that's my question, help me out here people!
Old 12-16-2007, 01:49 AM
JK Jedi

I wonder why they care if it's welded? I would think any good exhaust shop could install it with clamps if need be.
Old 12-16-2007, 04:38 AM
JK Enthusiast

As always, the same answer is given : a part broken by the effect of an aftermarket one will void the warranty on such a part. There has to be a cause-effect link made between the 2 otherwise its still under warranty.

As for the ''it's ok as long as its not welded'' factor, this muffler can be clamped but it doesn't change squat to what I mentioned earlier. I guess it's another dealer-sponsored initiative to keep you from modding your JK.
Old 12-16-2007, 04:45 AM
JK Enthusiast

I'd take my JK to another dealer for a second opinion. Sounds to me like your dealer is jackin' you around.
When I got my JK, the dealer told me: "this thing is built for playin' right out of the box. Have fun with it! If the axle breaks, or the transfer case screws up while you're out climbing rocks, it's covered...that's what the rubicon is for!" I asked about mods too, and he told me the same thing about cause and effect. I'd tell the other guy to jump off a cliff!
Old 12-16-2007, 04:51 PM
JK Newbie

A muffler, or anything else does not void a warrantee, unless it can be proven that the aftermarket part caesed the failure. The burden of proof is on Jeep at that point. It's called the Magnuson-Moss act of 1974.
Old 12-16-2007, 10:29 PM
JK Newbie

I didn't, other than throttle response, look's, and sound. Pretty much what I expected though. Most OEM exhaust nowadays are very efficient, unlike my 97 Mustang that was so pinched and choked a full exhuast was worth nearly 30 rwhp.
Old 12-22-2007, 04:24 PM
JK Enthusiast

I spent the dough $$$ and was very dissapointed by the drone at around 2000 rpm.....Good thing xmas is coming it will make a nice gift
Old 12-23-2007, 09:02 AM
JK Freak

I asked 3 diffrent muffler shops ( 1 was Mineke AND 1 was Midas ) and all said they NO LONGER sell or install Gibson..... " it is not a good quality product and the company does not stand behind its product AT ALL !!!!"
Old 12-23-2007, 02:15 PM
JK Newbie

Default It's driving me nuts!

I put this thing on a couple of mounths ago and it coming off next week. Droning at 2000rpm is horrible. My JK is my DD and I am on the freeway quite a lot. Also sticks out at least 4" which will probably lead to damage off roading.
I'm going to try this magnaflow option I found on ebay. Anyone installed this?
Not bad option for a good muffler!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2007-...spagenameZWDVW
Old 12-23-2007, 04:49 PM
JK Enthusiast

That's the CoolTech kit. I've had mine for a few weeks now, and I like it. doesn't have the rice rocket sound, which is what I wanted to avoid. But sound is subjective, and what one person likes, another hates.

Quick Reply: Gibson Performance Split Rear Exhaust Question