Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Gibson Headers

Old 04-14-2015, 01:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

So last summer my rear turn signal on the drivers side kept burning any time the engine bay was heated up, even when i parked the Jeep and turned off the engine. Then I had misfires on cylinder #4 due to a burned spark plug wire. And as of lately I had to replace my cooked battery. I have checked out the engine bay and all cables in close proximity of the headers have lost their isolation due to the intense heat.

So far these headers have been a total waste of time and money and they seem to be killing my Jeep. On top of all the collector bolts will keep shaking lose, no matter what. So there is no performance gain but a performance loss. This is why these Gibson Headers are on their way out. I am going to have installed a brand new set of OEM manifolds this week.

I am done with these.

I just wanted to share this experience because many users wouldn't admit that they have made an expensive but absolutely wrong decision.
Old 07-03-2016, 10:48 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Sebastian
So last summer my rear turn signal on the drivers side kept burning any time the engine bay was heated up, even when i parked the Jeep and turned off the engine. Then I had misfires on cylinder #4 due to a burned spark plug wire. And as of lately I had to replace my cooked battery. I have checked out the engine bay and all cables in close proximity of the headers have lost their isolation due to the intense heat. So far these headers have been a total waste of time and money and they seem to be killing my Jeep. On top of all the collector bolts will keep shaking lose, no matter what. So there is no performance gain but a performance loss. This is why these Gibson Headers are on their way out. I am going to have installed a brand new set of OEM manifolds this week. I am done with these. I just wanted to share this experience because many users wouldn't admit that they have made an expensive but absolutely wrong decision.

I'm still battling the damn cylinder 4 wire failures. I only wish I had kept my original manifolds. I'm kicking myself for selling them even though I know they will eventually crack I would pull the Gibson headers off in a heartbeat!

Quick Reply: Gibson Headers