Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Gibson Headers

Old 06-11-2007, 06:26 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You would get a major benifit from high flow cats..I wish someone would come out with a full off road exhaust package..
Old 06-15-2007, 01:24 AM
JK Super Freak

Hey Jim if you ever come to the Superlift Offroad park here in Hot Springs, Arkansas let me know ahead of time. I'd like to meet you over there and check out the headers.
Old 06-15-2007, 02:53 AM
JK Enthusiast

RedRockJK....that might have been a possibility until recently. My brother-in-law lived there on the lake until just a couple of months ago when he changed jobs and moved to Florida. Doubt I make it back to that part of the country now. The headers have went from a nice chrome to a blue/rainbow color.
Jim
Old 06-28-2007, 04:26 PM
JK Freak

Any pics to post? Headers never stay their pretty color when they come out of the box. Alot of times though you can wipe them back down if you wanted to "show" it.
Old 06-29-2007, 03:17 AM
JK Enthusiast

They turned blue, but I haven't tried wiping them off. If I get a chance I'll see if they do.
Jim
Old 07-11-2007, 06:00 PM
JK Freak

what about dyno #'s!!!! I wanna see some!
Old 07-03-2009, 12:17 PM
JK Newbie

Default Got em and ready...

Well I got a great deal on a set of stainless Gibson's with the modified heat shield. However, I have never installed headers before, and directions don't look too helpful. I was wondering if anyone could help with some better instructions.
Old 12-13-2009, 04:13 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by AndrewZ
You would get a major benifit from high flow cats..I wish someone would come out with a full off road exhaust package..
http://www.quadratec.com/products/pr...ders&submit=Go
there you go off road headers.
Old 12-13-2009, 09:47 PM
JK Newbie

I bought my used 2007 2dr Rubi with Gibson headers, CIA and a Magnaflow muffler already on the Jeep. I've burned through two #4 plugs and one #6 because of the heat from the headers... There was heat wrap on the wires but I wrapped the headers after the second #4 burnout... I doubled up the wire heat wraps after the #6 failure... Just to make sure I didn't have any other problems out in the middle of nowhere I replaced the all the wires with MSD wires... There was a pretty big insulation difference between the OEM wires and the MSD's!

Not sure when the previous owner installed my headers but I bought it 14K and started blowing the wires at 17K. Now at 23K the headers are flaking / delaminating. I'm assuming its the chrome layer...

Oh and the Jeep dealer will not warranty the blown wires due to the extra heat off the headers.

I carry a backup wire now!

Not sure if there is enough of a performance boost to justify these... Haven't driven a 2dr without the upgrades... I was getting 17 & 20 (highway) mpg with the stock Rubicon wheels but only get 16 & 19 with the 305 70r MTR's now.

Hope this helps
Old 12-13-2009, 11:11 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JKFORLOVERS
ok so what would be the diference between offroad use and onroad use headers?

Quick Reply: Gibson Headers