Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Gibson dual exhaust, is it that bad?

Old 07-13-2011, 12:15 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

how does this stay in place without welding it?
i'm not familiar with replacing exhausts, sorry if thats a dumb question
Old 07-13-2011, 03:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have the Gibson dual on a 2010 Unlimited. Had it for about 8 months now. It is loud. Probably a little too loud. Pulling the hard top off for the first time this weekend and am worried about the noise. I do notice a little more horsepower over stock. Just a slight increase is noticed. Did smash one tip pretty good and the scraped the other on a pretty moderate drop off. I will pull the tips off next time. Quality seems to be good. Mine is painted black with a heat paint. I purchased it at a charity auction and Gibson installed it for free. It is welded on. I applaud Gibson for donating the exhaust for a fundraiser to help a bike crash victim. I was happy to give money and get the exhaust as a bonus. Would I buy another? Everything is great except the noise. It sounds awesome. My neighbors compliment me on the deep tone. But, maybe a little too loud for every day driving. Good quality, a little more power, but too loud. I think I would go with the single next time.
Old 07-13-2011, 03:31 PM
JK Freak

Dual exhausts are for cars! Off-Road exhausts are for Jeeps..... MBRP all the way!
Old 07-13-2011, 03:46 PM
JK Newbie

I have a magnaflo. I know this isn't about magnaflo. But I'd say drop the cash for that. Great sound, not too loud but definitely noticeable. I have noticed that a Lil more get up and go, accelerates quicke; I don't realize I'm pulling 3k rpms till I look at the tach. Not bashing Gibson at all I don't know their product but I'm definitely happy with the magnaflo.

If you do it yourself, get new rubber hangers, my hang up on putting it on was the hangers, total PIA.
Old 07-13-2011, 03:50 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Jkmedic231
I have a magnaflo. I know this isn't about magnaflo. But I'd say drop the cash for that. Great sound, not too loud but definitely noticeable. I have noticed that a Lil more get up and go, accelerates quicke; I don't realize I'm pulling 3k rpms till I look at the tach. Not bashing Gibson at all I don't know their product but I'm definitely happy with the magnaflo.

If you do it yourself, get new rubber hangers, my hang up on putting it on was the hangers, total PIA.
Magnaflow is worth every penny
Old 07-13-2011, 03:53 PM
JK Junkie

My friend has one on his I don't like it, but that's an opinion, go single exit if you do for one, I think the dual looks funny on the JK.
Old 07-13-2011, 04:18 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by CajunJeeper
how does this stay in place without welding it?
i'm not familiar with replacing exhausts, sorry if thats a dumb question
They use clamps just like the stock muffler.

Quick Reply: Gibson dual exhaust, is it that bad?