Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Getting partial lift kit...what else do I need?

Old 03-07-2009, 07:35 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by jiggawha
A guy in my company is going from a 4" to 6" long arm kit.

Selling me his Skyjacker 4" coils, shocks, and lower arms for $50.

Says he has broken and/or welded other parts on the original kit.

Do I need trackbar brackets or should I go with an adjustable trackbar?

I'll get new brake lines.

Anything else I'll need?
the coils and shocks are a good deal however, i would ditch the arms as they are junk and you will be replacing bushings on them all the time. also, as mentioned, i'm pretty sure they are fixed length and that won't help you out any.

at 4" of lift, what i would recommend you get in addition to this are a set of adjustable lower front control arms, longer links front and rear (i think you've mentioned that you have this covered), longer brake lines front and rear or at the very least, extensions, adjustable front and rear track bars (or at the very least, a front one and rear track bar drop bracket) and if you have an automatic, a new u-joint style front drive shaft. without it, you will hit your auto tranny pan and tear off the spline shaft boot. if you can afford it, i would also get a front track bar drop bracket and dropped pitman arm.
Old 03-09-2009, 12:11 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by wayoflife
the coils and shocks are a good deal however, i would ditch the arms as they are junk and you will be replacing bushings on them all the time. also, as mentioned, i'm pretty sure they are fixed length and that won't help you out any.

at 4" of lift, what i would recommend you get in addition to this are a set of adjustable lower front control arms, longer links front and rear (i think you've mentioned that you have this covered), longer brake lines front and rear or at the very least, extensions, adjustable front and rear track bars (or at the very least, a front one and rear track bar drop bracket) and if you have an automatic, a new u-joint style front drive shaft. without it, you will hit your auto tranny pan and tear off the spline shaft boot. if you can afford it, i would also get a front track bar drop bracket and dropped pitman arm.
..."bye bye bumpers"...
Old 03-09-2009, 01:06 PM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by jiggawha
..."bye bye bumpers"...
anything worth doing is worth doing right... I spent way more on my lift than I planned, but it sure drives great. Spend the money and get it right. These things are too new and expensive to drive like crap.
Old 03-09-2009, 01:15 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

TeraFlex has some arms that will fix that right up! Hit Northridge up for some!
Old 03-09-2009, 01:17 PM
JK Jedi

I love my teraflex arms. I only got the front lowers and rear uppers... when I can afford it I will get the rest.

Quick Reply: Getting partial lift kit...what else do I need?