Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Getting a little upset!!!!!!!!!

Old 04-13-2011, 07:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by royone1one
IMO your backspacing has nothing to do with this rubbing. The stamped circles on the wheel is what is rubbing. The stamping leaves a lip on the backside that rubs. I had the same problem with my 15s. Cleared the sides of the caliper but rubbed on the same bar as you. Easiest thing is to grind that bar down a little at a time until it clears.
x2
This is the issue. It just takes a little grinding, no big deal.
Old 04-13-2011, 07:57 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by karls10jk

I run the 1/4" spacers in the front and 1.25" adapters (like spidertrax) in the back of my corvette. You could call it a "street race" car with no problems. I wouldn't hesitate to do it again either. I only drive that car every now and again though. So I see no reason people should be afraid of spacers. Oh/ and call me crazy but I only check torque on that car prolly twice a year , I put maybe 5k miles a year on it.
You have bigger balls than I my friend. I don't think people should be afraid of spacers either. I run them. The best kind. Even the makers of those only accept liability for off road applications. More power to you brother.

Originally Posted by Mad-Hatter
Well, like I said, the spidertrax ones, or others that bolt to your lugs and have integrated lugs in them that you bolt your wheel to are much safer. The 1/4" ones just slide over your existing lugs and you still use them to bolt your wheel to...just have less lug to bolt to now and its shear point is more towards the middle of the lug. Think of it this way, if you have a small tree you are trying to break, its a lot harder to break it at the base of the tree than in the middle of it. I wouldn't be afraid of the spidertrax type since you still get to mount to the base of the lugs on it as I stated.
I understand your analogy but the Spidertrax is still "spaced" off the hub and in my case moves the wheel out another 1.5 inches increasing the potential leverage on the lugs. What makes the Spidertrax a safer option is the fact that they are hub centric so they don't put all the load on the lugs. If it were not hub centric it would in my opinion be more dangerous than a 1/4" standard spacer.
My .02
Originally Posted by ArkJK
Thanks for all the help guys!! I got the last two sets of spacers that autozone had an got it all put on. I'm only running 265/75/16s but man do they look bigger than my stock wranglers on the moabs. I drove it around the block and am very pleased! Thanks again for all the help!! I don't have a good picture because it's in the garage and I couldnt get far enough away, but you get the idea.
Looks great dude. I'm jealous.
Old 04-13-2011, 11:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

What's up with the alloy usa spacers? They were expnsive so that meen their durable? I have a 4" lift using the stock wheels(moabs) so I needed spacers. I see everyone talking bout spidertracks but haven't heard a word bout alloys? ?

Quick Reply: Getting a little upset!!!!!!!!!