Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Getting a little upset!!!!!!!!!

Old 04-13-2011, 05:00 PM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

George is getting upset!!!

Try some spidertrax spacers?
Old 04-13-2011, 05:03 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ArkJK
I've got 5" of backspacing just like everyone else with these 16x8 cragars.
4.5" or less is what is recommended. Haven't heard of 16s rubbing though.
Old 04-13-2011, 05:04 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ludski
i went to pep boys and got these 1/4" wheel spacers. and fixed the problem. i rubbed my brake too. this fixed it. and never had a problem ever again.
Go get these spacers and your good to go.
Old 04-13-2011, 05:36 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by karls10jk
Edit: if it is a minor rub right there then I say get the 1/4" spacers, sometimes called sandwich spacers. They're $20 per axle and generally not recommended here because people aren't educated enough about them. I personally run these with no problems in the front of my corvette. That car sees more G's than a jeep will, so I think they'll work well for your scenario.
Umm, yeah, these type of spacers are also the reason tire shops will refuse to install wheels with spacers added. More power to you though, I know several hot rodders that use them aswell. As for me, I'd never use them on a vehicle I own. Especially a jeep that see's off-road and a 37in tire being bounced, trounced off rocks and high speed washboard type sections. A 50lb tire rim combo on asphalt is a helluva lot different than a 100lb plus combo bouncing off rocks, dropping down ledges, sidewall stress, etc.
Old 04-13-2011, 05:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mkjeep

Umm, yeah, these type of spacers are also the reason tire shops will refuse to install wheels with spacers added. More power to you though, I know several hot rodders that use them aswell. As for me, I'd never use them on a vehicle I own. Especially a jeep that see's off-road and a 37in tire being bounced, trounced off rocks and high speed washboard type sections. A 50lb tire rim combo on asphalt is a helluva lot different than a 100lb plus combo bouncing off rocks, dropping down ledges, sidewall stress, etc.
Funny you should mention that. Spidertraxx says for "off road use only". I am in the other school of thought. I would not want them on a high powered street car. I don't think a 1/4" spacer would matter in either application but I still would feel better not having them on a car pushed hard into a turn at speed.
Old 04-13-2011, 05:48 PM
JK Enthusiast

Ok i ran to autozone and got some spacers. Dumb question here, but do I need to put them on all 4 or just the 2 front?? I got 4 just in case.
Old 04-13-2011, 05:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

Ok i ran to autozone and got some spacers. Dumb question here, but do I need to put them on all 4 or just the 2 front?? I got 4 just in case.
I would do all four. Not that it really matters in the grand scheme of things but it will make both front and rear track width the same.
Old 04-13-2011, 05:55 PM
JK Freak

Put all 4 on..just to keep it same on all 4..
Old 04-13-2011, 05:55 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by ColdSRT
Funny you should mention that. Spidertraxx says for "off road use only". I am in the other school of thought. I would not want them on a high powered street car. I don't think a 1/4" spacer would matter in either application but I still would feel better not having them on a car pushed hard into a turn at speed.
The 1/4" spacers are just added onto your existing lugs and moves the stress away from the base of the lugs to more of the middle where they are weaker. The spidertrax ones, for example, mount onto your lugs and provide new ones and are a lot safer IMO
Old 04-13-2011, 05:58 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Mad-Hatter
The 1/4" spacers are just added onto your existing lugs and moves the stress away from the base of the lugs to more of the middle where they are weaker. The spidertrax ones, for example, mount onto your lugs and provide new ones and are a lot safer IMO
Just put Spidertrax 1.25" spacers in today and instantly felt a diff in stability and overall ride....

Quick Reply: Getting a little upset!!!!!!!!!