Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Getting bump stops in with 2.5" Teraflex kit

Old 11-20-2011, 05:49 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Raising one side of the axle will cause the other side to drop a bit for some extra clearance as well. Disconnecting your brake lines as mentioned should give u ample room to do this once you have some other components loosened off.
Old 11-20-2011, 06:18 PM
JK Newbie

When I installed my BB ('12 Sahara), I didn't even remove the track bar (front or rear) and I still got the springs on while the bumpstops were installed (teraflex extension + oem) The trick is to get the top of the spring on first (over the bump stop), and then push down on the brake rotor while simultaneously twisting bottom half of the spring into place It doesn't hurt to have a floor jack (or a buddy) lifting the other side of the axle slightly, either. Like one poster said, you should disconnect that brake line clip, it gives you just enough slack to get it in there.
Old 11-20-2011, 09:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

When I installed mine, I took the caliper off then jacked up on the opposite from the spring side I was installing. This allowed a little extra clearance and the spring went right on. I used a 2x4 and jack to get the bumpstop in.
Old 11-21-2011, 01:24 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What type of bumpstop are you using, does it slide over stock, or the soup can looking one that bolts to spring perch? The soup can one us much easier because you can bolt it in once the coil is on.. You just drill the hole, then hold the stop inside coil while seating them, and tighten it down with Allen key and I believe 14mm underneath...
Old 11-21-2011, 03:30 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by rubi3
I've read how hard getting the bump stops in the front can be with the Teraflex (and maybe other) kits can be. But holy hell, it's almost impossible!! At first we tried to put them in first before the springs like the instructions said. No way we could get the angle right to do that. Then, we tried to put them in at the same time as the shock. And I must say that while I **think** maybe they're in, it's hard to tell. Both ways seem just about impossible.

Are there any secrets or things that can make this much easier?
Just wait until you have to remove them!!! I had to pull mine out when going from the TF spacer to a 3" TF coil. MAJOR PITA!
Old 11-21-2011, 03:36 AM
JK Super Freak

I taped it inside the coil while setting the coil. Once the spring was in, I used a crowbar to pry them in.

Just wait until you have to remove them. I had to pull mine when I went from a TF spacer to a 3" TF coil. Major PITA!
Old 11-22-2011, 11:05 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Saharaunlmtd
Just wait until you have to remove them!!! I had to pull mine out when going from the TF spacer to a 3" TF coil. MAJOR PITA!
I made the bonehead move of installing the bump stop extensions before I put the spring spacers in. Needless to say, I quickly found out how hard it is to remove them... :(
I found it easiest to get a pair of channel lock pliers on the extension, and twist the plier while pounding on it with a hammer. It popped out pretty quick like that.

Quick Reply: Getting bump stops in with 2.5" Teraflex kit