Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Getting alignment in pittsburgh

Old 11-08-2013, 02:31 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Daniels alignment right in the south hills it's right off of 51 pass the crazy intersection of 88. You know the one I'm talking about its like a 8way intersection. It's a really good shops been there over 30's years guy know know his shit an if anything is bent or real bad he'll go over everything with you
Old 11-08-2013, 05:34 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for all the recommendations. I'll give a couple places a call and see what they think.
Old 11-08-2013, 07:25 PM
JK Newbie

If you're still needing an alignment, the firestone store on Chauvet can do it.
J. C. - the service manager wheels a lifted jku and told me to bring mine in when needed.
Old 11-13-2013, 08:58 AM
JK Enthusiast

Hey - Had the alignment done at the NTB in Greentree. Seemed like pretty good guys and were into Jeeps and off-roading. I attached the before and after results below. Feels better at higher speed and turning now but maybe thats in my head! Not a lot they can adjust on a stock jeep. Let me know what you think.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Fiery_Color__Page_1.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	23.0 KB
ID:	511168   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fiery_Color__Page_2.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	23.2 KB
ID:	511169  
Old 11-13-2013, 09:04 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by don123160
Hey - Had the alignment done at the NTB in Greentree. Seemed like pretty good guys and were into Jeeps and off-roading. I attached the before and after results below. Feels better at higher speed and turning now but maybe thats in my head! Not a lot they can adjust on a stock jeep. Let me know what you think.
These might be easier to read...
Click image for larger version

Name:	Fiery_Color__Page_1.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	76.3 KB
ID:	511171Click image for larger version

Name:	Fiery_Color__Page_2.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	77.0 KB
ID:	511170
Old 11-13-2013, 07:03 PM
JK Junkie

Where's Caster ?
Old 11-14-2013, 09:22 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by kjeeper10
Where's Caster ?
It was on a separate print out but didn't have it with me to post. The Jeep is feeling better driving now, not sure if its the toe settings or just in my head!
Old 11-14-2013, 09:58 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Pghchamp
I know you said South Hills, but in North Hills there is Flynn Tire that did mine recently.
Flynn's Tire & Auto Service | Where the advertised price is the entire price!

I've talked to the owner before and he has jeeps and works on them himself so I liked that. Lifts and tires don't matter to them either

Also A&M family tire in the North Hills would be good to look at
Flynn's has two strikes with me. I had a Jeep Commander and the first time they changed the tires they never balanced them. I ended up at the dealer. The second time I had a front end alignment and they didn't tighten the lower control arms and they were banging around until I could find out what was wrong. I'm not waiting for strike 3, it could kill me.

When I had my lift installed at Meridian Off-Road they took it somewhere in Butler and did a nice job (the first time).
Old 11-14-2013, 10:11 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by don123160
These might be easier to read...
Attachment 511171Attachment 511170
I guess I have to assume the pic taken at 1:03 PM is first.

The toe isn't that far off and is only a wear factor. .02 degrees is just out of spec.
The camber is fixed on Jeep solid axles and not adjustable from my understanding.
Caster not available. if this is out you will get a "pull".

Last edited by Mschneid; 11-14-2013 at 11:10 AM.
Old 11-14-2013, 11:56 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Mschneid
I guess I have to assume the pic taken at 1:03 PM is first.

The toe isn't that far off and is only a wear factor. .02 degrees is just out of spec.
The camber is fixed on Jeep solid axles and not adjustable from my understanding.
Caster not available. if this is out you will get a "pull".
I believe from what they told me the pic taken at 1:03 was first and the second one (second one on screen) with the toe more in spec was after correction. He told me that he had to adjust the toe to get it into spec. I was thinking it might have been from lift, tires and pretty hard wheeling a couple weeks ago that it was out. Feels pretty good now - when I would change lanes specially to the right at speed it would feel funny. I mentioned to the guy that the steering might have been just a little off center and kind of pulling to the right but he said after he corrected the toe the steering was fine, I'm not sure if hes right or wrong but it does fell more centered - if it was off before it was just a little off.. He seemed to know about Jeeps and ZJ's and said if I had any problems or concerns to bring it back no charge.

Quick Reply: Getting alignment in pittsburgh