Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Getting alignment in pittsburgh

Old 11-08-2013, 08:58 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Getting alignment in pittsburgh

Can anybody recommended a shop for alignment in the Pittsburgh area - South Hills are would be great. Slightly modified JK. Called one or two places but they said they couldn't because of 2" lift. Thanks
Old 11-08-2013, 09:09 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know you said South Hills, but in North Hills there is Flynn Tire that did mine recently.
Flynn's Tire & Auto Service | Where the advertised price is the entire price!

I've talked to the owner before and he has jeeps and works on them himself so I liked that. Lifts and tires don't matter to them either

Also A&M family tire in the North Hills would be good to look at
Old 11-08-2013, 09:27 AM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks for the info. There's a Flynn's near me but didn't think to call them. I just wanted to get it checked out after a recent wheeling trip and 2" lift. Everything seems pretty much fine but occasionally when changing lanes or turning especially at higher speeds it feels a little loose or unsure. Steering wheel seems centered but there is a little play left and right from center before tires start to turn (maybe normal). Bent my stabilizer (replaced) and scrapped the tie rod some while wheeling - took some good hits, etc and was thinking an alignment might be a good idea.
Old 11-08-2013, 10:01 AM
JK Newbie

I had that same play on my Jeep ( 2.5" AEV lift ) until I installed the AEV geometry correction brackets. It took the play right out of it and it like it did before the lift.
Old 11-08-2013, 10:20 AM
JK Freak

I had that "loose" steering for a while before I decided to check it out. I had a missing nut on my trac bar and my tie rod end on my drag link was shot. May just want to check out your tie rod ends to see if they're still good, helped me out a bit
Old 11-08-2013, 10:27 AM
Forum Tech Advisor

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by don123160
Thanks for the info. There's a Flynn's near me but didn't think to call them. I just wanted to get it checked out after a recent wheeling trip and 2" lift. Everything seems pretty much fine but occasionally when changing lanes or turning especially at higher speeds it feels a little loose or unsure. Steering wheel seems centered but there is a little play left and right from center before tires start to turn (maybe normal). Bent my stabilizer (replaced) and scrapped the tie rod some while wheeling - took some good hits, etc and was thinking an alignment might be a good idea.
An alignment won't fix those things.

Your toe spec may be out if your tie rod is bent, but you can adjust that in 5-10 minutes with a measuring tape, a helper, a vice grips, a wrench, a pair of jack stands, and a floor jack.
Old 11-08-2013, 11:00 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by planman
An alignment won't fix those things.

Your toe spec may be out if your tie rod is bent, but you can adjust that in 5-10 minutes with a measuring tape, a helper, a vice grips, a wrench, a pair of jack stands, and a floor jack.
Don
If you decide to go through with this I can help you out
Old 11-08-2013, 11:50 AM
JK Super Freak

NTB has yet to turn me away, 2.5" bb w/33's. BP, McMurray, or Greentree location.
Old 11-08-2013, 12:58 PM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks for the info. Glad to hear NTB in Greentree is good. Had my tires mounted there and might have them check balance.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk
Old 11-08-2013, 01:56 PM
JK Newbie

Waterdam auto in mcmurray. They are a Goodyear dealer. Been using them since they opened.

Quick Reply: Getting alignment in pittsburgh