Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

To get beadlocks, or not to get beadlocks... That is the question.

Old 10-16-2011, 10:14 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default To get beadlocks, or not to get beadlocks... That is the question.

I've looked at the pros and cons of having beadlocks and not having them. Just can't make up my mind. Would it be worth just getting a set instead of just regular wheels??
Old 10-16-2011, 10:18 AM
JK Newbie

I don't know if bead lock wheels are legal to drive on the road, at least it used to be that way here in TN.
Old 10-16-2011, 10:32 AM
JK Enthusiast

Im on my 2nd wheel/tire combo on my JK and I went with the atx slabs this time around. I love the wheels they are much heavier because they are a beadlock but I love to added saftey I get when I air down to single digits while on the trails. Nobody has busted my chops about driving around on beadlocks becasue most people don't really know the difference cops included lol.
Old 10-16-2011, 11:16 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

There is no law in any state that outlaws beadlocks. There'd even a website that will pay you a reward, if you find a specific law outlawing beadlocks.
Old 10-17-2011, 06:02 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by karls10jk
It depends what you're gonna do. If you routinely drop your tire pressure then yeah, it's worth it. But look at the price of the beadlocks vs regulars and make the determination based on what you do.
agreed, it really depends on the kind of wheeling you do. if you play on big rocks or in deep snow where going really low in psi is necessary, beadlocks are the only way to go. but, if the trails you run can be done with about 10-12 psi, you should be find with a good set of 8" wide wheels.

Quick Reply: To get beadlocks, or not to get beadlocks... That is the question.