Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Gerry Cans?

Old 10-14-2008, 11:34 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Hellbound13
So does anyone know if this will fit the JK? It says it fits 5x5.5 or 5x4.5 bolt patterns but doesn't the JK have a 5x5 patttern? Will it still fit?

That's all it says on the website. However the website leads me to believe that they custom fab each one so maybe you could call them and ask if they can accommodate the JK lug pattern. You can go to independent4x.com, but I had a hard time finding it from the home page, just do a google image search for "jerry can mounts" and when you see the picture, click it and it will take you to to the proper page. Let us know if you decide to investigate and find anything out.
Old 10-14-2008, 11:50 AM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I found this one as well and its only $30. Think it would fit..

http://www.offroadunlimited.com/orustore/PC/viewPrd.asp?idcategory=1348&idproduct=10498

Last edited by Robar; 10-16-2008 at 08:39 AM. Reason: PLEASE DO NOT POST DIRECT NON SPONSOR LINKS
Old 10-14-2008, 11:53 AM
JK Enthusiast

Ok, so how do you get the spare off if you need to?
Old 10-14-2008, 11:58 AM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ok, just called independent 4x4. They said it will not fit the JK bolt pattern but they are interested in making one if there was enough interest. I told them a few guys on the JK forums were interested. He took down my name and number and said he will mull it around with the other guys and get back to me. He also stated interest that they are looking to get more in to making products for the JK Market.
Old 10-14-2008, 11:59 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by tj-tigger
Well you'd already have to unscrew the lugs from the spare tire to get it off anyway, now there's just two things to pull off the carrier, the can and spare tire instead of just the spare tire. I can't imagine it would be terribly troublesome.
Old 10-14-2008, 12:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Hellbound13
Ok, just called independent 4x4. They said it will not fit the JK bolt pattern but they are interested in making one if there was enough interest. I told them a few guys on the JK forums were interested. He took down my name and number and said he will mull it around with the other guys and get back to me. He also stated interest that they are looking to get more in to making products for the JK Market.
Excellent. Good on ya mate! More products on the JK market and everyone's a winner!....sadly winners tend be broke. Le sigh.
Old 10-14-2008, 12:04 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by tj-tigger
Sorry, I understand what you mean now. After some research...and God I hate to do this here, but someone installed on of these on their H3 and you can see the procedure and installation here:

http://72.215.196.56/hummers/H3_Gas_Carrier/h3_can_carrier.htm

It looks like the part holding the jerry can itself can just be unbolted to slide away from the carrier mount.

Last edited by Robar; 10-16-2008 at 08:40 AM. Reason: PLEASE DO NOT POST DIRECT NON SPONSOR LINKS
Old 10-14-2008, 04:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

I also found this idea from another jeep forum.

http://www.kolpinpowersports.com/products/water-and-fuel-packs.html

They're very much like the cans from Expedition one but they come with brackets with twist locks that look like you could really mount them anywhere. The price isn't bad either.

Last edited by Robar; 10-16-2008 at 08:40 AM. Reason: PLEASE DO NOT POST DIRECT NON SPONSOR LINKS
Old 10-15-2008, 08:54 AM
JK Freak

i think Independent 4x4 should make em....i have two jerry cans and no way to mount them....and i have no reason for a tire carrier the most im ever going to run is possibly a 305 70 r17 which i could fab to fit the back and ive allready mounted the hilift to the front now I just need a spot for the gerry cans
Old 10-15-2008, 09:10 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by aznme1
Sorry, I understand what you mean now. After some research...and God I hate to do this here, but someone installed on of these on their H3 and you can see the procedure and installation here:

http://72.215.196.56/hummers/H3_Gas_Carrier/h3_can_carrier.htm

It looks like the part holding the jerry can itself can just be unbolted to slide away from the carrier mount.
Link no workie.

Last edited by Robar; 10-16-2008 at 08:41 AM.

Quick Reply: Gerry Cans?