Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Gerry Cans?

Old 10-11-2008, 09:33 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by walker
Just google Scepter Military Fuel Can, that will do it.

Brigade QM does have Scepter gas cans, I bought the green ones with a red lid strap. I have two 5 gal and two 2.5 gal, I find the smaller ones real handy and the large ones go on extended trips. I also bought the long pour spout. Ignore the "restricted item" statement from BQM, they will send em no questions asked. I think Scepter is the way to go, I used them in the military without any problems. This summer in NM I had them out in +100 temps and not a single leak, and I didn't spill a drop with the spout. I also find the 2.5 gal water can to be the best available. A bullet proof water can is valuable insurance for here in the desert.
Thay will not sell the gas can now just the water cans only

Last edited by bob134; 10-11-2008 at 09:36 AM.
Old 10-11-2008, 09:35 AM
JK Enthusiast

You will have to buy the gas cans from Canada and have them shiped to you.
Old 10-11-2008, 09:50 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by butchucoyz
When I placed my order for the rear bumper, they offered me the gerry cans for use with water cuz i'm in cali. I believe they are the same can.
I just looked at my Scepters. They are a little different, but I wouldn't say safe for gas. The fuel can lid is sealed with a rubber gasket and does not have the pour port or vent valve in the lid, the water can may or may not leak with gas vapors. The mouth opening on the fuel can is smaller, so you would have to use something like a super siphon or a funnel because the Scepter gas pour spout would not work on a Scepter water can.

If you are only using them on long trail runs, I would say circumvent the carb rule by re-shipping then through an out-of-state buddy. The carb law is just dumb, at least pertaining to a Scepter can. The military over-builds these things to take a beating and are not going to explode from pressure.

here is a review: http://www.expeditionportal.com/equipment/equipment_reviews/Scepter_Can/scepter_can.php

Last edited by Robar; 10-11-2008 at 10:49 AM. Reason: Edited direct link
Old 10-11-2008, 09:51 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bob134
Thay will not sell the gas can now just the water cans only
Really? I just bought mine in July?
Old 10-11-2008, 12:03 PM
JK Enthusiast

Really? I just bought mine in July?
Yes really, I called them last week and thay do not sell the gas cans in the states. I had to get them thru Canada. It will be a matter of time and we will not be able to get them at all. Dumb Laws
Old 10-11-2008, 02:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

Glad I bought em' when I did. We should call them "pre-ban fuel cans"!
Old 10-11-2008, 02:58 PM
JK Enthusiast

Glad I bought em' when I did. We should call them "pre-ban fuel cans"!
Yes I'm Glad I bought when I did to But I just had to buy some spares. I had to get them thru canada. The water cans are no trouble to get.

Last edited by bob134; 10-11-2008 at 03:01 PM.
Old 10-11-2008, 03:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

Yes really, I called them last week and thay do not sell the gas cans in the states. I had to get them thru Canada. It will be a matter of time and we will not be able to get them at all. Dumb Laws
Could you let me know how you did that? I tried to order 2 scepter cans last week and they wouldn't let me. I would like to get 2.
Old 10-12-2008, 05:48 AM
JK Enthusiast

Where'd you finally order them through? Everywhere I've looked they've discontinued/stopped selling them...

Thanks,
John
Old 10-12-2008, 07:07 AM
JK Enthusiast

Is there a sunset date on this law? I think we ought to take this to congress, because they have no idea what they signed. How about we form a caravan of jeeps and circle the capital with carb-cans spilling (water) out all over the streets to show how much they suck. They can take our Scepter fuel cans..... but they can't take our freedom! (tongue in cheek folks)

I am heading out the door to scour every army surplus store in town to secure a few more, wish me luck.

Quick Reply: Gerry Cans?