Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Gerry Cans?

Old 10-10-2008, 08:01 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Geko45
I like this! Any idea who makes it?

A place called Independent 4x. I think this may be a winner. Although the Geri can by Expedition One is pretty neat.
Old 10-10-2008, 08:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

Maybe not exactly what you are looking for but for those who do their own work a place named Adventure Trailers has cans as well as holders that can be attached to whatever.
Old 10-10-2008, 08:42 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by aznme1
I found this doing a google search. It mounts to the stock spare tire.

Looks easy, simple and out of the way. What do you guys thinks? Anyone have experience with this?
Will this fit a JK's spare pattern?
Old 10-11-2008, 03:50 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 362 Likes on 270 Posts

Originally Posted by aznme1
... I'd kinda like a place to keep some spare fuel...
I'd really like to see people's solutions to this as well. It seems like an area that just hasn't seen enough attention. ...
I guess "enough" is a debatable point, but there are actually a number of threads on this very subject with a variety of possible solutions. Here are a few:

Jerry Can Mounted on Spare Tire

Jerry Can Fixture

Con-Ferr Jerry Can Mount

How Can I Pack Extra Fuel With Me?

Originally Posted by Hellbound13
Will this fit a JK's spare pattern?
I checked on one of these a few months back (Con-Ferr), and ATT their website did not offer the JK's bolt pattern. I e-mailed them and they never responded. I don't purchase from businesses that don't reply to e-mail--that's a good indicator of poor service in my book. Anyway, here's another option that's much cheaper, if you don't mind making it yourself:

Jerry Can Mounted on Spare Tire
Old 10-11-2008, 04:14 AM
JK Enthusiast

I think the nicest looking one would be the OR FAB carrier,very nice, I'm waiting for mine soon
Old 10-11-2008, 05:22 AM
JK Enthusiast

Get Scepter Jerry cans thay are used by the milltary and are very nice cans. You can get the water cans thru Brigade QM and the gas cans thur Daves Surplus hope that helps.
Old 10-11-2008, 05:57 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Mark Doiron
I guess "enough" is a debatable point, but there are actually a number of threads on this very subject with a variety of possible solutions. Here are a few:
Yeah, I've searched those threads and most of the solutions are home fabrication projects. Which is fine if you have a well equipped garage and enough spare time to build something from scratch. Unfortunately, I don't.

Last edited by Geko45; 10-11-2008 at 06:08 AM.
Old 10-11-2008, 06:00 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bob134
Get Scepter Jerry cans thay are used by the milltary and are very nice cans. You can get the water cans thru Brigade QM and the gas cans thur Daves Surplus hope that helps.
I've seen the black water cans at at Brigade QM, thought really hard about them too, but don't want to put fuel in a can with "water" stamped in the side. Can you PM a link for Dave's Surplus? A quick Google search only revealed a surplus mannequin place (kinda weird actually).
Old 10-11-2008, 08:39 AM
JK Enthusiast

I've seen the black water cans at at Brigade QM, thought really hard about them too, but don't want to put fuel in a can with "water" stamped in the side. Can you PM a link for Dave's Surplus? A quick Google search only revealed a surplus mannequin place (kinda weird actually).
Just google Scepter Military Fuel Can, that will do it.

Brigade QM does have Scepter gas cans, I bought the green ones with a red lid strap. I have two 5 gal and two 2.5 gal, I find the smaller ones real handy and the large ones go on extended trips. I also bought the long pour spout. Ignore the "restricted item" statement from BQM, they will send em no questions asked. I think Scepter is the way to go, I used them in the military without any problems. This summer in NM I had them out in +100 temps and not a single leak, and I didn't spill a drop with the spout. I also find the 2.5 gal water can to be the best available. A bullet proof water can is valuable insurance for here in the desert.
Old 10-11-2008, 09:24 AM
JK Newbie

Love the idea of these, but not available in CARB states.

When I placed my order for the rear bumper, they offered me the gerry cans for use with water cuz i'm in cali. I believe they are the same can.

Quick Reply: Gerry Cans?