Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Genright rear bumper

Old 08-09-2013, 07:10 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Genright rear bumper

Anyone install the genright rear bumper?
I cant figure out how to get the two points and nut tabs from moving inside the frame rail when i go to bolt it on..
Old 08-09-2013, 09:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BIOHAZARDCYCLES
Anyone install the genright rear bumper?
I cant figure out how to get the two points and nut tabs from moving inside the frame rail when i go to bolt it on..
If its like my bumper, I used an L shaped piece of metal to stick in one hole to hold piece steady while starting thread of other hole.

It wasn't a genwright, but I assume all bumpers mount the same way.
Old 08-10-2013, 05:49 AM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've got the genright....all aluminum (not that it matters since they all mount the same).

Anyways, I think I ended up propping it up with something inside the framerail until I slid the bumper over top of it and got the holes lined up. Even then it was still a little tricky to thread the bolts in without it pushing the mounting/ shackle tab towards the inside of the framerail.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 4

Quick Reply: Genright rear bumper