Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Genright Coilover Mounts With King Coilovers 14"

Old 03-10-2013, 06:00 PM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 366 Likes on 290 Posts

No, I am talking up travel limits on the shock. You are still going to find other problems doing a 14" full extension with factory length control arms. To take advantage of really long travel shocks you need to be looking at a long arm set up with new frame control arm mounts and custom shock mounts that are sized to the shocks and your suspension system. With lcog builds and coil overs you need to look at the coil lengths to set the ride height, a triple rate coil might be needed depending on the set up.
Old 03-10-2013, 06:06 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TheDirtman
By raising the top mount you can run a longer body shock. It will retain the same amount of up travel while increasing the available droop.
Right , my shocks are long body this a 12" travel

I still have a little more up travel to play with and the shocks are not fully compressed

Last edited by jaker t5; 03-10-2013 at 06:44 PM.
Old 03-10-2013, 06:16 PM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TheDirtman
No, I am talking up travel limits on the shock. You are still going to find other problems doing a 14" full extension with factory length control arms. To take advantage of really long travel shocks you need to be looking at a long arm set up with new frame control arm mounts and custom shock mounts that are sized to the shocks and your suspension system. With lcog builds and coil overs you need to look at the coil lengths to set the ride height, a triple rate coil might be needed depending on the set up.
Gotcha dont know why that didnt click. And yes i wanted to get the 14" and down the road do a long arm and stretch possibly but its so far down the road i might be best with the 12". I just wanted to learn more before i jumped in and then wasted money redoing it if it was not much more work for a 14"
Old 03-10-2013, 06:29 PM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

More then likely it will come down to the location of the lower shock mounts. Being able to cut and weld will go a lot in maximizing your articulation. I am running 12" up front and can easily run 14" and will be running outboard 16" travel on the rear with 40's and 4" of lift. My rear arms are set up so my driveshaft never binds at the pinion.
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0855.jpg
Views:	290
Size:	87.8 KB
ID:	432379
Old 03-10-2013, 06:44 PM
JK Jedi

Not to be a pain but do u have more pics for me to look at? Ive seen the triangulated rear but not installed and how they work. Not sure ive seen the triangulated fronts at all.

Last edited by Maertz; 03-10-2013 at 06:47 PM.
Old 03-10-2013, 06:50 PM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Build thread is here.
The time has come.....TheDirtmans level 4 build...Ha!...ha!....ha!...cough!...cough!!
Old 03-10-2013, 08:07 PM
JK Jedi

Damn thats crazy i just went thru every page...

Quick Reply: Genright Coilover Mounts With King Coilovers 14"