Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

General Grabber Reds 35x12.50x17

Old 06-03-2011, 12:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default General Grabber Reds 35x12.50x17

I'm looking to purchase some new shoes and am aiming for the General Grabber Red Letters. I need a little help though. I am currently running the BFG stock Rubi tires. They're a good tire but they look dinky with the 2" lift that I put on in February. I want a wider tire and possibly bigger. The stock BFG's I believe are 32's. I want the 35's but am worried about rubbing when flexed. Can someone help a brotha out? Let me know your thoughts and or experience.
Old 06-03-2011, 09:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

Only under extreme flexing might you rub. Your list at the bottom says you have the BDS lift - should be fine. You could trim the fenders or go with flat ones to eleviate the problem.

I run 35" BFGs with the TF 2.5" lift and don't rub.
Old 06-06-2011, 06:54 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default Thanks!

It is the BDS and I hope to move to the flat fenders at some point. Maybe the 35's would push me to get them. Thanks for the reply.

Quick Reply: General Grabber Reds 35x12.50x17