Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Gen 2 LOD rear w/ 35's

Old 12-03-2008, 05:06 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TexsDream77
LOD.... do we have to mount the tire lower for more visablity out the rear. I want it high like WOL's for clearance wheeling. The higher the better.
You can mount the tire high for offroad or low for daily driving, your choice. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Chris
LoD
Old 12-03-2008, 05:20 PM
JK Super Freak

Thank you. Your bumper/ tire carrier is almost exactly what I had dreamed up in my head. I would think you were in there if you offered some type of slidder to attach to the tire carrier to keep my spare from getting hung up on the rocks. I love the rear stingers for this, but with the 4 door and 3rd row.. .that would be a pain to lift it all the time. I'm going to try to fab something up for a stinger after I put your bumper on.

I'm thinking a frame attached to the tire carrier with a set of removable bars connecting to the bumper to the lower part of the tire carrier.

I think I can fab up a stinger that will fit over your carrier as well if I don't like the first idea. a couple quick connects on the bumper and on the body. We have some very strong quick connects at work(boat shop) from a removable wake board tower.

I didn't think this would be as big of a problem untill last weekend. My 36" spare is mounted to the gate for now( I cut the bumper up to make room for it). My spare has marks on it from scrapeing the ground when I was climbing a rock face. With a tire carrier it will be hanging further back.

So I need to know I can rest the back of the jeep on the spare on the carrier or build a stinger for it to cover it up.

This is last weekend. This spot snagged my spare a little. I will be attempting worse climbs when the oppertunities present. I would just hate to wreck my carrier.
Old 12-04-2008, 04:23 AM
JK Enthusiast

Something must be wrong with my browser I cannot see the photo that Chris from LOD posted. Can anyone else see it?
Old 12-04-2008, 05:31 AM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Windrocker
Something must be wrong with my browser I cannot see the photo that Chris from LOD posted. Can anyone else see it?
No problems seeing it here.
Old 12-04-2008, 05:53 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by LōD Offroad
Her is a old prototype pic of the Gen 2 tire carrier with a 35" tire. The tire covers the Gen 2 tire carrier very well and gives good visibility with a big tire.

Chris
LoD

I don't see a pic in that post either.
Old 12-04-2008, 05:55 AM
JK Enthusiast

I don't see it either

Quick Reply: Gen 2 LOD rear w/ 35's