Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

GEARS BROKE ..... Yukon 5.13...ADVICE

Old 03-12-2013, 04:53 AM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by BigRich
Good luck with everything Rob! I hope to see you at Trailfest this year!
Won't be at Trailfest this year a group of us from Kitchener planing a 4 day trip to Ardbeg
Will try and make Roctoberfest in Bobcaygeon
Old 03-12-2013, 04:55 AM
JK Junkie

QUESTION..... as I save for my pro rock 44..... WILL THIS ASSURE ME I WON'T BLOW UP MY GEARS AGAIN?? Or does that have nothing to do with gears????? Yukon 5.13 gears
Thanks
Old 03-12-2013, 05:05 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

IF it's mechanical, it can and will eventually break.

Quick question, did you call Yukon at all? I didn't ready that in your prior posts. If so, don't they have a decent warranty? I do know they have a recommended wheel size for warranty issues on their lockers (I think they recommend nothing bigger than 32" tires iirc?).

Anyway, sorry about the gear grenade. Cool jeep
Old 03-12-2013, 05:42 AM
JK Junkie

Never called my one year warranty was up.... Maybe I should have...... Too late now it was fixed yesterday. Thanks for the compliment too.
Old 03-12-2013, 11:28 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by robsjeep9
QUESTION..... as I save for my pro rock 44..... WILL THIS ASSURE ME I WON'T BLOW UP MY GEARS AGAIN?? Or does that have nothing to do with gears????? Yukon 5.13 gears
Thanks
Again, there are no guarantees. Anyone that gives you one is lying. Period. No one can tell you if you will or will not have a problem. All you can do is take steps to lower the chance.

Go back to post 25 and look at the pic. D60 r&p's are larger than D44 r&p's, right? And D44 r&p's are larger than dd30 r&p's? So what does that mean? All things being equal, (same rig, same tires, same nasty spot on the trail, etc), the d60 gears are less likely to fail than the d44, and the d44 are less likely to fail than the d30. That's it. Less likely.
Old 03-12-2013, 12:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

YUKON is very careful/specific and heavy on details, before they'll honor any warranty-

Originally Posted by RescueGreen#3
IF it's mechanical, it can and will eventually break.

Quick question, did you call Yukon at all? I didn't ready that in your prior posts. If so, don't they have a decent warranty? I do know they have a recommended wheel size for warranty issues on their lockers (I think they recommend nothing bigger than 32" tires iirc?).

Anyway, sorry about the gear grenade. Cool jeep
RG is right, they specify 32" tires for ANY D#) axle--

JIMBO

Quick Reply: GEARS BROKE ..... Yukon 5.13...ADVICE