Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Gearing upgrade

Old 08-23-2016, 04:40 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gearing upgrade

I am looking to add 35's to my jk, standard Dana 30 front and 44 rear. What would be the ideal gear ratio?
Old 08-23-2016, 04:49 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What year, motor, and transmission? Also, do you. Do a lot of highway driving, is this your daily driver? How much off-reading do you do and what type of terrain? Where are you located, is it relatively flat or hilly?
This question has been answered a million times, not to be rude but if you give it a search you'll more than likely find the answers you're looking for.
Old 08-23-2016, 09:57 AM
JK Newbie

When I was running 35s on my '08 rubicon I regeared to 5:13s. Plenty of torque but not conduce to running down the freeway at 80. I've since moved up to 37s and I'm better. If I had to do it all over again I'd get as close to 4:56 as I could and run 35s.
Old 08-23-2016, 01:25 PM
JK Newbie

Thanks chance for the insight, and when saying not to be rude CHUCK!! Usually is attended to be rude. Thanks for the advice so instead of answering your questions I will do a little searching.
Old 08-23-2016, 01:32 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm not entirely sure why you said my name is all caps but I was simply giving you advice that quite often you can find an answer you're looking for almost immediately by searching. It was intended solely to help you out.
Old 08-23-2016, 02:44 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

You might want to rethink answering those questions. If you can't be bothered to give any input on what you have and where and how you intend to use it, people here will just be throwing out guesses based on our setups and needs, which could be completely different than yours...

There are two threads stuck right to the top of this Modified area. Open them. You will find some good info, as well as gearing charts which are, oh my, broken down by both engine and transmission - since the gearing needs are different and you don't want to tell us what you have ...
Old 08-23-2016, 04:41 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by billyd665
Thanks chance for the insight, and when saying not to be rude CHUCK!! Usually is attended to be rude. Thanks for the advice so instead of answering your questions I will do a little searching.
Dude, he answered your question as politely as possible based on the information you provided. Before you start getting your panties in a bunch, go do a quick search. Or you think you are the first person ever to consider regearing?

Quick Reply: Gearing upgrade