Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Gearing recommendations

Old 01-21-2011, 07:13 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks to the person that pointed out measuring tires. I'm pretty sure most 35's are not true 35's! I have the Maxxis Bighorns and they come in around 33.5". I am regearing my auto Rubi soon from the stock 4.10's and am planning on 5.13's. Based on the 33.5, I could go with 4.88 and be OK but I am still planning on the 5.13's because my next set of tires will either be bigger or a different brand that is closer to the 35" true size.
Old 01-21-2011, 07:51 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I PM'd David... he has already gotten back with me... huge help... not as bad as I was expecting for the parts to re-gear my Jeep... going to measure my tires again when I get home to make certain that the 4.88 is what I still need/want... thanks for all the info guys... just for the record I did go read the FAQ's in the modfied JK forums for noobs

Quick Reply: Gearing recommendations