Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Gearing

Old 01-23-2011, 01:56 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gearing

I have a 2007 Sahara 2-door automatic and want to upgrade to 35's when i get a 2.5 inch coil lift from teraflex. I have 3.73 gears i think. Should I get new gears or just live with the loss of power. I tow a small atv trailer up in the mountains sometimes so this makes me want to get new gears but dont want to spend the money.
Old 01-23-2011, 01:58 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

If you don't want to spend the money, then, umm, don't. Nobody is going to make you...

Just turn OD Off. And if you want a little more pep, grab a Flashpaq.
Old 01-23-2011, 02:49 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

He's right if don't wanna spend the money then don't. Do you like the way it pulls the trailer now? If so I would keep it stock not put 35" tires if you are dead set on 35" tires spend the money put gears in it because it wouldn't fall out of a tree with 35" and a ATV trailer behind it.

Quick Reply: Gearing