Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Gear Troubles

Old 08-25-2008, 09:26 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gear Troubles

Is anyone else having trouble with 1st gear popping into neutral on 07 JK? I believe my synchronizer gear is going bad...the dealer stated they could not replicate the problem and I would have to wait until it gets worse. The problem is I almost got hit broadside today making a left hand turn when it popped out...I am super pissed off about this. I am going to file a complaint with NHTSA if they don't resolve this, this should be a recall, someone is going to killed...if its me file a class action lawsuit on my behalf.

Darin
azkenpo1@cox.net
Old 08-25-2008, 09:35 PM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I believe there have been some posts about this very issue, seems like an inner boot on the shifter is out of place. Use the search thread function, I have an auto so I didn't pay a lot of attention...

Quick Reply: Gear Troubles