Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Gear Ratio Axle markings?

Old 10-31-2007, 12:33 AM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Gear Ratio Axle markings?

I just placed an order for a '08 JK unlimited X 4dr (hard top) with manual transmission. My local Jeep dealership didnt have the exact options I wanted in stock. I upgraded the gearing from the 3.21 to 3.73. The Jeep wont arrive till 3mos. My question is, is there any kind of marking on the outer portion of the axles (if so where is it located) that shows it has the 3.73 gearing or any indication in the vin #? just dont want to get disappointed when the Jeep comes in w/out the gearing I requested...Thanks...
Old 10-31-2007, 05:24 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It will be on the invoice.
Old 10-31-2007, 05:40 AM
JK Enthusiast

If you would have went with the towpackage it would have came with the 3.73's from the factory. Even with the towpackage the invoice and window sticker will say what gearing it has and if it is the 3.73 it will be under the options.
Old 10-31-2007, 09:55 PM
JK Jedi Master

Originally Posted by aldaman
I just placed an order for a '08 JK unlimited X 4dr (hard top) with manual transmission. My local Jeep dealership didnt have the exact options I wanted in stock. I upgraded the gearing from the 3.21 to 3.73. The Jeep wont arrive till 3mos. My question is, is there any kind of marking on the outer portion of the axles (if so where is it located) that shows it has the 3.73 gearing or any indication in the vin #? just dont want to get disappointed when the Jeep comes in w/out the gearing I requested...Thanks...
If you get your VON#

call Jeep and see what your order says....
Old 10-31-2007, 09:57 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by IGOFSHN
It will be on the invoice.
Thanks for all the input. But what's shown on the invoice and what is actually installed on the vehicle may not always be the same (not accusing the dealership of deceiving me). I just want that extra piece of mind that the 3.73 was actually installed in the vehicle by physically seeing some kind of marking/stamping on the axle showing the 3.73. Is there such a thing? Thanks again...
Old 10-31-2007, 09:58 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Piginajeep
If you get your VON#

call Jeep and see what your order says....
Thanks Piginajeep...I will call Jeep to verify the Vin#....

Quick Reply: Gear Ratio Axle markings?